Changes to the Turn Cycle after the start of a PBEM game

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

spence

Changes to the Turn Cycle after the start of a PBEM game

Post by spence »

I know that either player can do this in an AI Game. From the discussion on another thread it sorta sounds like the IJ Player can switch some game parameters after the start of a PBEM game. Soooooo....

Can the IJ Player change the turn cycle from one to two-day turns after the start of a PBEM?
As an Allied Player I'm not much interested in enduring 300 odd turns of IJ domination day by day but I think that the IJ Player could be ahistorically vulnerable if he has to commit all/most of the KB's a/c to bombing PH's port and airfields for two turns before the game begins.

So can the IJ Player set to 1 day turns as the game begins then shift to 2 day turns after turn 1 is resolved?
BillBrown

RE: Changes to the Turn Cycle after the start of a PBEM game

Post by BillBrown »

No.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Can change only against AI.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: spence

I know that either player can do this in an AI Game. From the discussion on another thread it sorta sounds like the IJ Player can switch some game parameters after the start of a PBEM game. Soooooo....

Can the IJ Player change the turn cycle from one to two-day turns after the start of a PBEM?
As an Allied Player I'm not much interested in enduring 300 odd turns of IJ domination day by day but I think that the IJ Player could be ahistorically vulnerable if he has to commit all/most of the KB's a/c to bombing PH's port and airfields for two turns before the game begins.

So can the IJ Player set to 1 day turns as the game begins then shift to 2 day turns after turn 1 is resolved?

So do what I did in one of my games, which has turned out well because it's actually a pretty good way to make sure you don't squander your assets before you have enough of them to do anything...

Don't do much for 300-odd (or better yet, 600-odd) turns. Don't sweat little things. Send big convoys between big places, react to things you need to react to, and otherwise just sit tight, conserve your forces.

Maybe you don't want to play like that, but it's an easy way to endure several hundred turns where you can't do much [;)]. I want to say that the majority of my turns for that game in 1942 were under 5 minutes to do the orders. Definitely under 10.
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Yes you can change the number of days per turn in a PBEM. Ive done it. The Japanese player needs to do it and theres a command line switch they have to use when starting the game. If i have a chance later i will dig up the thread.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Yes you can change the number of days per turn in a PBEM. Ive done it. The Japanese player needs to do it and theres a command line switch they have to use when starting the game. If i have a chance later i will dig up the thread.

I seem to recall this being added in a patch.
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Instructions courtesy of michaelm, many moons ago (2011). I'm still playing the same PBEM ,albiet slowly. At least we have reached 1944 now.
The option exists. To activate, add '-cd' to the command line for the Japanese player. He should be able to modify day cycle thru the in-game preferences.
spence

Post by spence »

Thanks - appreciate the info.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Instructions courtesy of michaelm, many moons ago (2011). I'm still playing the same PBEM ,albiet slowly. At least we have reached 1944 now.
The option exists. To activate, add '-cd' to the command line for the Japanese player. He should be able to modify day cycle thru the in-game preferences.

So only the Japanese player is given this power ?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I am glad I was wrong! Cool feature.

Since IJ player is one starting the game (and giving all the options), it is Japanese only option.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

I am glad I was wrong! Cool feature.

Since IJ player is one starting the game (and giving all the options), it is Japanese only option.

Is an interesting feature ... early in the game, useful to Japan .... though later in the game useful to the Allies though they don't control its use

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”