Combat Summary / Animations On/Off Choices

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

scout1

Combat Summary / Animations On/Off Choices

Post by scout1 »

Have had a number of potential pbem games fall thru do to a difference in preferences as to the Combat Summary / Animations. One player swears by them where I prefer to merely let the turn run on it's own while I do other things ....

So is there a choice available to ....

a) Have one player have combat summary / animations ON while the other player has it off for a pbem game ?

or

b) A method which does not require to manually click on each pop up during this summary for "Done". ie, a time limit period where it goes away by itself ?
This would effectively provide the same ability for the player who doesn't want to watch the turn unfold .....

or

c) another option I haven't considered ?
BBfanboy

RE: Combat Summary / Animations On/Off Choices

Post by BBfanboy »

I believe there is a command something like CTRL-Z that fast forwards through everything.

If that does not work (or I am mistaken about it), you can always change the setting you have for combat reports, combat animation message delays (set to 0.0). After you run the turn change the settings back to the way you received them before working your return file.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I just tap the Esc key....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
scout1

Post by scout1 »

I'm looking for an option where I'm not at the computer and don't have to intervene for it to progress
scout1

Post by scout1 »

OK ... did some playing around.

Animations ON and Combat Summary OFF

Allows the animations and this pop up windows closing automatically. Where the Combat Summary required manual intervention to close, hence turning it OFF.

Now, relative to the preferences settings, can the delay time for the animations be different values for the 2 players of a pbem game ? Or is it the same for both players ?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: scout1

Allows the animations and this pop up windows closing automatically. Where the Combat Summary required manual intervention to close, hence turning it OFF.

Now, relative to the preferences settings, can the delay time for the animations be different values for the 2 players of a pbem game ? Or is it the same for both players ?
The settings are all the same for both players, AFAIK. So if your opponent wants to see those combat summaries you might still be stuck clicking through them.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

The settings are all the same for both players, AFAIK. So if your opponent wants to see those combat summaries you might still be stuck clicking through them.

Fired up a test case with Guadalcanal. Animations do in fact close the pop up window on there own. Now to the point regarding Combat Summaries (which require intervention to close the pop up), the information contained within merely looks like the same information provided in the end turn combat report (except for this particular battle) .....
So yes, if the opponent want to see the Combat Summary, it is a click fest .... but not seeing the potential need .... at least from my point of view
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Fired up a test case with Guadalcanal. Animations do in fact close the pop up window on there own. Now to the point regarding Combat Summaries (which require intervention to close the pop up), the information contained within merely looks like the same information provided in the end turn combat report (except for this particular battle) .....
So yes, if the opponent want to see the Combat Summary, it is a click fest .... but not seeing the potential need .... at least from my point of view
I agree, but that is always between specific opponents, and their mileage may vary.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”