Happy New Year! from WCS

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Gil R.

Happy New Year! from WCS

Post by Gil R. »

WCS would like to wish you all a happy new year, whether you are already a BAB owner, a potential BAB owner, or merely a lurker.

I might as well also comment on the state of BAB, which is that after a much longer delay than we would have liked we will be able to focus once again on this series in 2016. I have by now done about 80% of the basic OOB work for our second release, and will soon be using our map-editor on the rather large map to make it playable, following which I will produce the standard scenario and begin testing. Due to the fact that I have to attend two conferences at the beginning of the month and engage in some other travel I don't expect that to happen before early February, but I would be shocked if by the end of February we do not already have active testing on that standard scenario. (And at some point Eric will engage in new coding, trying to add some of the requested features and options. Our plan is that each BAB release will include improvements to the engine, so he will prioritize those that are especially needed.)

Once testing of BAB#2 has started I will then return to BAB#1 scenarios, getting out once and for all the Williamsburg PBEM scenario that is still in public beta and producing at least one new one. Then I'll get back to producing additional BAB#2 scenarios. By the time that BAB#2 is released I will have been able to start working on BAB#3, our most ambitious undertaking thus far in terms of battle size. I can't possibly predict how long that would take me, but I will certainly be trying to have the game ready for next year's holiday season. If not, then first quarter of 2017 should be doable.

So, that is where things stand. We have had to delay BAB#2 both because of another WCS commitment (that rather amazing space game that we have briefly and enticingly mentioned in one or two interviews) and because of my day job (which has seen me working crazy hours on a project that should finally be done within three weeks).

So, we wish you a happy new year, and plan to contribute to that happiness with at least one new BAB release.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
zakblood

RE: Happy New Year! from WCS

Post by zakblood »

happy new year and see you in beta next year then as i'm ready when you are if selected of course [&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Happy New Year!

Can't think of a better gift for 2016 than more BAB releases.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Yes, Happy New Year and I'm looking forward to seeing more work on the series.

Thanks
Rick
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Thanks for the update Gil, and a Happy New Year to all involved with BaB.

Also looking forward to the beta if selected [;)]
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”