Expanding airfields - no progress with engineers assigned

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

szmike

Expanding airfields - no progress with engineers assigned

Post by szmike »

So I expanded some airfields, assigned construction bns and... no progress at all from one turn to next. What gives?
It's in England, so all depots are full. Airfields have priority 4 and have more supplies than needed.

Auto assigning leaves much to be desired. It seems airfield expansion has lowest priority. SHAEF sends engineers to Italy while there's airfield near London waiting.
Weather is irrelevant, some airfields are expanded in heavy mud no problem.
Harrybanana

RE: Expanding airfields - no progress with engineers assigned

Post by Harrybanana »

I have noticed this too. Some times airfields will be expanded very quickly, other times very slow, sometimes not at all, other times will make rapid progress for a few turns and then stop. I am sure there is a reason for this (I think I may have even read it somewhere) but I can't remember what it was.
Robert Harris
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Occasionally we've had reports like this. It helps if you can send us a save from before your logistics phase so we can run it through and see if a repair opportunity is being dealt with properly. We've found this to be a difficult item to track down, but if you've got an airfield that doesn't expand, and a save before your logistics phase where you think it should, please attach it or email it to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I was afflicted by this as well. One way the engineers can be prevented from building airfields is if the airfield in question is fully stacked. In my case I was trying to build an airfield in Bristol but the americans arriving as reinforcements prevented the engineer from doing its thing....

I even tried attaching the engineers directly..but it was no love.

When I spread my units out to prevent overstacking...the engineers would then do their duty..but then I was afficted by the lazy engineers again.

As I was playing a server game...and the invasion of Europe had begun, I gave up trying to figure it out.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I found an issue in the supply code when it tries to use trucks to deliver supplies to the air base w/o a rail connection. Applied fix should make air base repair and expansion to go on.

Keep in mind that AF located near enemy units still won't be expanding.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Keep in mind that AF located near enemy units still won't be expanding.

Does this mean adjacent?

How many hexes is 'near'?
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
szmike

Post by szmike »

Did it affect engineers attached directly to AF site?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Does this mean adjacent?

Yes.
Pavel Zagzin
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Did it affect engineers attached directly to AF site?

Problem could appear in freight/supply shipment. Engineer assignment has nothing to do with it.
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Tech Support”