Why?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Extraneous

Why?

Post by Extraneous »

Once again I find my name in the credits.

World in Flames Hyperlinked Manual.pdf - Page XVII

Between Missouri_Rebel and Panzerjaeger.

Why weren't they removed?

Thought I wouldn't check? [:-]
University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Jagdtiger14

RE: Why?

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Why does it matter?
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

That depends from which side you look at it. Without going into details there has been quite some disagreements between Extranous and Steve/the testers). So I can understand that he's not happy with the way things finally turned out. I don't know the details (because I wasn't around at that time) involved, and I don't think those should be put forward here.

But, that doesn't mean that he didn't contribute to the game. IMHO he deserves to be mentioned for the time and effort spend on MWIF.

Now, it seems he doesn't want to be mentioned. IMHO he is entitled to making this decision...
Peter
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

Way back when I quit the Beta I advised Steve...

I would (and did):
Delete all copies of MWiF from My machine,
Delete all links to MWiF,
And continue to abide with the NDA.

I suggested all credit for what I had done go to Patrice Froonp. If Froonp is misspelled that's tough Patrice. You said you never understood handles anyway.

I asked all references to Me be deleted from any MWiF credits.

Twice Steve has asked permission to add my name to the credits. I have refused both times. Steve has had YEARS to fix this.

Now I am a PAYING customer instead of a beta tester. I did My part why didn't Steve do to his [&:]

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Well I'm just glad that people are actually using the hyperlinked manual. I can't edit the text and I never asked for permission to do so. If I had the font there were some corrections that needed to be done but those will have to wait.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

Your legal name was removed from the listed credits. What you must be referring to is your old Matrix Games login name in the credits for the map. That picture (not text as I received it) was created by the graphic artist years ago - in 2007 - and to be perfectly honest, I didn't notice its inclusion there until you mentioned it today.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
bo

Post by bo »

Extraneous I just removed your name from my post "no rants" as one of the beta testers that were more help to MWIF than I was.

Bo
CrusssDaddy

Post by CrusssDaddy »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Extraneous for all his (her?) hard work on MWiF. I hope when people Google "Matrix World in Flames," a link including Extraneous' name is the first result.
bo

Post by bo »

Not appropiate, not said well.

Bo
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

+1
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

It has been said that only a single small, inconsequential turd is enough to spoil an entire punch bowl. What amazes me on the internet is the number of people who take such delight in being that small, inconsequential turd. I've never understood this but it certainly seems pervasive, and after a while everyone can guess what is coming just by who the poster is.
CrusssDaddy

Post by CrusssDaddy »

ORIGINAL: tom730

It has been said that only a single small, inconsequential turd is enough to spoil an entire punch bowl. What amazes me on the internet is the number of people who take such delight in being that small, inconsequential turd. I've never understood this but it certainly seems pervasive, and after a while everyone can guess what is coming just by who the poster is.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think you're a turd. It's a new year, have confidence in yourself and the value you bring to the table, I'm certain it's less than zero.
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

If it makes you feel better, I don't think you're a turd. It's a new year, have confidence in yourself and the value you bring to the table, I'm certain it's less than zero.

I "feel" fine (in spite of chronic pain issues) and am pretty good in the confidence area at this point in my life. Although I'm retired I've had a great life so far and among other things I've raised millions of dollars for children around the world in extreme poverty. If for no other reason I think that would rank as "less than zero" in the real world. As far as online, here and elsewhere, I just try to bring a little optimism and share opinions and try to learn.
I grew up before the internet age and so I'm not as accepting of the lack of civility on-line as younger folks. I don't know you and online no one can hear the "tone" of another person, so if you were just kidding and have a relationship with Extraneous (and others) that includes "jibes" and friendly "ball-busting," then I apologize.
My "punch bowl"comments are meant for folks who "troll" and add little of value to the discussion, seemingly trying to antagonize others and de-rail topics. I've noticed that kind of behavior on several forums unfortunately, including here.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I, for one, am glad to share these forums with you Tom. It sounds like you have made an impact on the lives of others in a very positive way. It's an honor to have you and your positive attitude. The world could always use more of that. I know I could.

Good day.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

This is because the only people who get listened to are the guys in the ECHO GALLERY who aren't having trouble because they are beta testers.

Yes, once again I call you out, because once I was one of you. I was a beta tester, and couldn't test.
Yep. I could not test if supply didn't work. GUESS WHAT? SUPPLY DIDN'T WORK AT RELEASE, AND STEVE WAS WELL AWARE. I know this because it had never worked.
So, I was a bit angry about that. I've submitted many bugs, and contributed many hours, and this is how I'm treated. Just ignore anything I bring up as trivial.

Be that a warning to someone who would buy this game.

I agree, screw the paying customers... Poor chumps should have known they would never get to play WIF.

Offer paying customers nothing, but beta testers, you get to play for free at no charge, and better yet, you get testing tools to fix your games.
The perfect catered to audience.

Me? I got a $10 off coupon. Quite the reward.

My name is in the book and on the PDF. Clearly there must have been internal struggle to put my name in that list, because I join many others in being ignored for years and years. Still bitching about a game that doesn't work.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

I "feel" fine (in spite of chronic pain issues) and am pretty good in the confidence area at this point in my life. Although I'm retired I've had a great life so far and among other things I've raised millions of dollars for children around the world in extreme poverty. If for no other reason I think that would rank as "less than zero" in the real world. As far as online, here and elsewhere, I just try to bring a little optimism and share opinions and try to learn.
I grew up before the internet age and so I'm not as accepting of the lack of civility on-line as younger folks. I don't know you and online no one can hear the "tone" of another person, so if you were just kidding and have a relationship with Extraneous (and others) that includes "jibes" and friendly "ball-busting," then I apologize.
My "punch bowl"comments are meant for folks who "troll" and add little of value to the discussion, seemingly trying to antagonize others and de-rail topics. I've noticed that kind of behavior on several forums unfortunately, including here.

If you criticize trolls, expect them to be resented. CrussDaddy is our resident Master Troll. [:)][:D]
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

This is because the only people who get listened to are the guys in the ECHO GALLERY who aren't having trouble because they are beta testers.

Yes, once again I call you out, because once I was one of you. I was a beta tester, and couldn't test.
Yep. I could not test if supply didn't work. GUESS WHAT? SUPPLY DIDN'T WORK AT RELEASE, AND STEVE WAS WELL AWARE. I know this because it had never worked.
So, I was a bit angry about that. I've submitted many bugs, and contributed many hours, and this is how I'm treated. Just ignore anything I bring up as trivial.

Be that a warning to someone who would buy this game.

I agree, screw the paying customers... Poor chumps should have known they would never get to play WIF.

Offer paying customers nothing, but beta testers, you get to play for free at no charge, and better yet, you get testing tools to fix your games.
The perfect catered to audience.

Me? I got a $10 off coupon. Quite the reward.

My name is in the book and on the PDF. Clearly there must have been internal struggle to put my name in that list, because I join many others in being ignored for years and years. Still bitching about a game that doesn't work.

Jeez![:(]

Return to “World in Flames”