Hogmanay

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

siddious

Hogmanay

Post by siddious »

*HAPPY NEW YEAR* EVERYONE.
Here in scotland we have HOGMANAY which is to celebrate the bringing in of the new year and the year just past, festivities can start about as early as you like on the 31st but best not get to drunk early on cause you might miss THE BELLS ( MIDNIGHT ) and into the new year.

Hogmanay is for most scotts a bigger, more important day than any other day of the year ( apart from youge kids maybe ) waking up on the 31st here is almost electrifying with thoughts of the party to come.

I know that auld lang syne is sung all over the world, a scotish song with world wide sentiment.So how do you celebrate ( if at all ) the new year in your part of the world, do you sing auld lang syne for example?

Who ever you are, where ever you are i wish you all a very happy new year and all the very best for 2016 :)

As i said how do you celabrate where ever you are ?
warspite1

RE: Hogmanay

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: siddious

*HAPPY NEW YEAR* EVERYONE.
Here in scotland we have HOGMANAY which is to celebrate the bringing in of the new year and the year just past, festivities can start about as early as you like on the 31st but best not get to drunk early on cause you might miss THE BELLS ( MIDNIGHT ) and into the new year.

Hogmanay is for most scotts a bigger, more important day than any other day of the year ( apart from youge kids maybe ) waking up on the 31st here is almost electrifying with thoughts of the party to come.

I know that auld lang syne is sung all over the world, a scotish song with world wide sentiment.So how do you celebrate ( if at all ) the new year in your part of the world, do you sing auld lang syne for example?

Who ever you are, where ever you are i wish you all a very happy new year and all the very best for 2016 :)

As i said how do you celabrate where ever you are ?
warspite1

Happy Hogmanay to you to siddious - I hope you and all our Scottish forumites have a good one.

Personally, I have never seen the New Year as a big thing (Christmas is the biggie) - and as I have got older so I seem to have increasingly less enthusiasm to celebrate the passing of another year.

So I will see the New Year in with my family as always (well the last few years since when the little warspites have been old enough to stay up) and wish for a better 2016.

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

RE: Hogmanay

Post by Orm »

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Discussion”