Help with updating documentation

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Joel Billings

Help with updating documentation

Post by Joel Billings »

In case there is someone in the WitW/WitE community that can think of nothing more fun than sitting down with the a game manual and improving, that person should read on.

It would be great to be able to provide users an updated WitW manual in .doc format, but to do this we need to find someone (or a very small group) interested in working on this. This would also put us in a better position to complete a WitE2 manual as we get further into WitE2 development. This is not a paid position (or at least not well paid, as doc writer's have generally been earning pennies per hour on the work they put into a manual). With WitE we had a volunteer that for several years after release was adding all the readme notes to the back of the manual. We'd like to go further and find someone interested in actually trying to update the main text in the manual with the various rule changes since release. That person could go on and become part of the WitE2 dev team and help out with the docs there if they were interested.

Most people would find this kind of thing very tedious and boring, but there might be someone out there that thinks this could be fun. I'm looking for that person. If you're interested, please PM me or email me at 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
roeddog

RE: Help with updating documentation

Post by roeddog »

E-mail sent.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”