Playing the Soviets.

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

stormbringer3

Playing the Soviets.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm currently using v1.01. It seems to be a consensus that the Germans, as of this version, have real difficulty in achieving a victory. I've never played the Soviet side. If the Soviets in this version have more advantages than they'll have in v1.02, would playing them now be sort of a no brainer? Should I wait for v1.02 to play them?
Thanks for any opinions.
Falke

RE: Playing the Soviets.

Post by Falke »

Just grab the 1.02 Beta and Play away.

The main difference is that the reinforcements in the centre are delayed more than in 1.0. This makes it harder to establish a solid defensive line in the centre. The North and South are not significantly changed
battlevonwar

RE: Playing the Soviets.

Post by battlevonwar »

Getting bogged down with the Germans vs the Soviets is extremely dull in that you cannot win a decisive victory and for many months you probably won't move an inch. Meaning a poor German players stops rolling his panzer wheels about 3 months...

A good sign you have done okay is that you have killed off 250plus Russian Divisions, or better...There are just so many Soviet Divisions.

The Soviets are easier to play and don't worry about every little detail. They are very sneaky in multiplayer(I guess you think about using Tanks the way they were meant to be) XP plus you can congest the only means into the MotherLand

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

I'm currently using v1.01. It seems to be a consensus that the Germans, as of this version, have real difficulty in achieving a victory. I've never played the Soviet side. If the Soviets in this version have more advantages than they'll have in v1.02, would playing them now be sort of a no brainer? Should I wait for v1.02 to play them?
Thanks for any opinions.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”