Tooltip Issue (CLOSED)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chaussej

Tooltip Issue (CLOSED)

Post by chaussej »

My tooltips are acting funky since I reinstalled WITP:AE. Playing with the latest beta and whenever I hover over an item on the map it doesnt load the tooltips all of the time (majority of the time it doesnt work).

"C:\witp\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -deepcolor -px1366 -py768
This is what I am using as my shortcut to beta (laptop screen).

Windows 10, 16gb ram, nvidia Geforce 650M graphics card
Alfred

RE: Tooltip Issue

Post by Alfred »

Two screenshots please.  One of the tootips themselves and the other of your actual Command Switches which are both case and spelling sensitive.

If you have actually typed exactly your Command Switches, you have failed to have the "C" in upper case - which failure means you have no deepColor.  That is a very important switch for Win10 users.

Alfred
chaussej

Post by chaussej »

Sorry thank you for the response. My PBEM (Oberst Klink) saw my issue and gave me some tips that cleared it up.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: KingLouisiana

Sorry thank you for the response. My PBEM (Oberst Klink) saw my issue and gave me some tips that cleared it up.
You may want to share the cure with others who may have that issue or may run into it when they change Windows version/computer/or mod.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
chaussej

Post by chaussej »

What Oberst Klink recommended was to add the -SingleCpuOrders, -SkipVideo and -archive tags. This seems to work with the tooltip issue.

C:\DBB GC WITP\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -deepColor -dd_sw -px1366 -py768 -SingleCpuOrders -archive -SkipVideo

Return to “Tech Support”