non-motorized support units with armor

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

diamond dave

non-motorized support units with armor

Post by diamond dave »

Can anyone tell me if putting non-motorized SUs, like engineers or non-mobile AA, in armored divisions slows them down (less movement points)? Or do they just "hitch a ride" without affecting the unit's MPs? I know that in many other similar games it's strongly recommended to keep non-motorized infantry and support separate from armor to keep them from losing too much movement. Is this the case in WITW?
LiquidSky

RE: non-motorized support units with armor

Post by LiquidSky »

I believe that they grab trucks from either the division or the pool to make up the transport. For the allies that is pretty meaningless so I don't think twice about doing it.

I haven't really noticed a drop in movement for the unit...maybe if they move around a lot, they get fatigued faster...not sure. I haven't really noticed and I like to give combat engineers to armour sometimes.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”