Loading Units??

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

76mm

Loading Units??

Post by 76mm »

I'm playing a random battle with massive numbers of jeeps and heavy weapons such as mortars and RR.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to load units onto the jeeps. Some units will load on some jeeps, other units of the same type will not load on other jeeps, despite having enough strength points and AP and belonging to the same unit (is this even necessary?).

I've had issues with this in previous scenarios, but it is very noticeable in this random battle. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Crossroads

RE: Loading Units??

Post by Crossroads »

Hello 76mm!

One Foot Infantry Strength Point (a fire team, or half squad) requires only 0.5 SP of transport. This means a full infantry platoon of 6 SP will fit into three transport vehicles (3 SPs).

Guns such as ATGs and Mortars each require a transport vehicle of their own, ie. one transport SP per their SP.

Is this what you're seeing?
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads
Guns such as ATGs and Mortars each require a transport vehicle of their own, ie. one transport SP per their SP.

Is this what you're seeing?

Not really...

This past turn, I had two identical jeeps (GAZ) in a hex with a mortar. All three units had three strength points, and none had moved. And yet I could load the mortar unit onto one of the jeeps, but not the other. This is not a one-off, but seems to happen about every other time I try to load something.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

That does not sound right. Can you send me all the game files; .scn, .map and .org, together with the latest game save files please.

This being a Random battle they all should have a Random* prefix with a rolling number, from Random0.*

Edit: thanks, email received [:)]
---
76mm

Post by 76mm »

OK, done.
berto

Post by berto »

Sounds like a job for the new augmented, multi-tiered logging system. [;)]
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

This had to do about modality issues where the game at times seems to lose the target for hot keys. In this case, for Ctrl+L Load/Unload hotkey. Moving cursor over counters in Unit List before pressing hot keys, or using a Toolbar Icon works as an alternative when this happens.

edit typos
---
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I've been using the toolbar icon lately rather than the hotkeys, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”