Do minor issues with game effect game play?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

riflebrigade

Do minor issues with game effect game play?

Post by riflebrigade »

I am considering purchasing War in the West but there appears to be minor issues with the game.

For example Air Directives not retaining specific unit assignments, and issues nominated in the Tech Support Section.

Do the minor issues effect game play and will these issues be corrected in the next updates?

Obviously a game as complex as War in the West will need extensive play over a considerable time to determine issues with the game and enable programers to provide necessary updates.
Hofstadter

RE: Do minor issues with game effect game play?

Post by Hofstadter »

Its irritating sometimes when these bugs occurl but for me theres already enough going on that another 15 seconds of readjustment doesnt make a difference
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A.

Wargaming channel of Hofstadters Tortoise. Check it out yo.
szmike

Post by szmike »

No, those issues are minor at best and you don't see them often.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I am considering purchasing War in the West but there appears to be minor issues with the game.
For example Air Directives not retaining specific unit assignments, and issues nominated in the Tech Support Section.

I haven't experienced this myself. I usually as the Axis manually assign the air groups in my air directives. I've done it as well with the Allies in the Battleground Italy scenario. I'm experimenting now with auto assignment just because it allows you to spread a group across multiple missions, but it requires some tuning to not burn up your available air mileage early in the week.
Do the minor issues effect game play and will these issues be corrected in the next updates?

I've played about two dozen games, mostly campaigns, over the last year and there has only been one serious problem that I recall. For a brief period between patches there was a problem with the flow of supplies to beachheads, but that was fixed and my games resumed.

The patches for the most part, particularly the updates with Torch, made some really nice interface additions to help with managing the air war.
I can say from my own experience of identifying bugs or potential exploits, they're taken care of in patches pretty quickly when reported. Not sure what the patch cycle will look now that we're a year+ from initial release.

"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”