Women In the Infantry

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

MrRoadrunner

RE: Women In the Infantry

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: Karri
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
LAWS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR CORRUPTION AND CRIMINALIZATION!

Part of the point, we should keep them to minimum to make sure they are not used for corruption...because in the end everything gets corrupted. Don't murder is not so corruptible(oh, except of course government can murder...and whoever is in charge of government) as how much money you can sell oil, wind power etc for.

I agree with the first point. Tied into a previous point I made, The Constitution was 17 double spaced typed pages. The power was in the hands of the people. Thus WE THE PEOPLE begins the first sentence and was written larger than the rest. Those who "run" the government today well don't want the people to really understand that.

Secondly Matti brings up knights of old and nobility? What for? A murderer is a murderer regardless of wealth or stature. There was no divine right of kings and nobles only had power when there was no one to keep it from them.
There was no right to "murder" as there is no right of women, who do not qualify, to fight as infantry fighters.
And, lastly, the regulations are what keeps prices high. That and taxes.
Who makes the regulations and imposes taxes?

Just saying!

In America "WE THE PEOPLE" would not allow the unjust regulations and higher taxes if we knew (and used) our "power".
Too many have become 'sheeple' and depend on the entity called government.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Secondly Matti brings up knights of old and nobility? What for?
Someone complained about too numerous laws. Laws were simplier and much less numerous when such people (knights and nobles) were all around Europe neglecting their duties, ignoring laws and 10 commandments, abusing their power, and legal authorities didn't do frak about it.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

The spread of the concept of rule of law and the strengthening of state institutions over authority wielded by individuals is one of the best things to happen in the history of human civilisation, and it's why right now across the Western world we've never had so many civil rights distributed across so much of the population. There's literally never been a better time to be alive and you old fogies are wrong for thinking otherwise.

As far as women in the infantry go, two salient points:
1) On the modern battlefield there's no clear distinction between the front line and the rear line. If there are women on the ground in an active deployment then they will participate in combat. Once you accept that then the obvious way forward is to focus your effort on working out how to configure your army, training, and doctrine so that women can participate in combat at maximum effectiveness. Once you've done that then you have an army in which women can participate in infantry roles and you know what standards you need to expect them to meet.

2) If your response to 1) is 'well why not just remove women from the combat zone entirely?' - that's not an option. Even if you don't care about principles of equal opportunity at all, the straightforward fact is that a decade into the War on Terror Western Militaries are suffering from a manpower crisis and if you talk to any serving senior officers they'll tell you they're way more excited about the prospects for maintaining and enhancing their capabilities that an influx of a fresh pool of manpower will have than any problems caused by adjustment cause them to worry.

tl;dr: yeah putting women into infantry combat roles will probably cause some teething problems. That's true of literally any organisational reform ever. Desegregation didn't do anything to degrade unit effectiveness, nor did the repeal of bans on homosexuals. If anything those moves made the army more effective. The same is true here.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Alchenar, you are a fool. I would state the reasons but would be pointless.

Let's put it this way, people like for their lives to have meaning, value if you like, so they adapt the current "way cool" to do so.
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: Alchenar
The spread of the concept of rule of law and the strengthening of state institutions over authority wielded by individuals is one of the best things to happen in the history of human civilisation, and it's why right now across the Western world we've never had so many civil rights distributed across so much of the population. There's literally never been a better time to be alive and you old fogies are wrong for thinking otherwise.

Actually, this is a totally wrong thought. Stalin and Hitler thought they gave more civil rights to their people. How did that work out?
The oxymoron here is the State "giving" or distributing civil rights. The only thing a State can do is take away civil rights.

People standing up for their rights is the only true way to have/keep civil rights. I will never ask the state to give me any civil rights. I will ask them to not take them away.
Waiting for the State to give me anything is a fools journey into slavery and abuse at the hands of that very State.

I snipped out the comments about women in the military because it lacked logic.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: Alchenar
The spread of the concept of rule of law and the strengthening of state institutions over authority wielded by individuals is one of the best things to happen in the history of human civilisation,

The insanity of this statement is breathtaking. Ask the people of Ukraine what they think about the strengthening of the state, ask them how it worked out for them. I highly suggest you watch this documentary (You'll need a netflix account to see it, but I think the first months free so its worth making an account to watch this) to see a modern day state institution in action, watching the police near the end of the film first drive the protesters into a large packed group and then open fire with sniper rifles and machineguns is an education about state power and corruption I think you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joXsQjY_owc

Yes it can happen here, you're delusional if you think it can't. The fact the liberal media in this country all but ignored this tragedy as it unfolded tells us a lot about what the press in this country thinks about freedom and individual rights.

Jim
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

and the strengthening of state institutions over authority wielded by individuals is one of the best things to happen in the history of human civilisation,

Disturbing. I have yet to meet a totalitarian-minded leftist that didn't think themselves as a member of the Nomenklatura. That, in essence, is the fallacy of their ideology. They always assume it will be their ideas that will be fostered while those in opposition will be suppressed. In Soviet times, those same people were eventually piped into the Gulag systems where they met the exact same fate as all other individuals.

People can try to artificially suppress individuality but, only for a time. History proves it. So shall the future.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
operating

Post by operating »

Most of the jobs I have been on have been with working men, yes from time to time a female has been apart of the crew, yes they do their part on the job, often cuddled when the going get's tough, or risky. Being a Vet I would not want to have my butt put at risk in a combat situation just to satisfy PC...
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

I am really reluctant to post here; however, I cannot stop myself. There is something really wrong with many of you. Who cares if women can serve in combat roles? Women have been serving in that capacity since the beginning of time. In modernity we saw it in the Soviet Union during the Second World War, where women served with the Soviet armed forces with distinction. There were no problems with discipline, and Soviet society did not collapse. In fact, the Soviets actually won that war, remember?

Furthermore, women have been in combat roles for years in the armies of many nations. I don't hear anyone saying anything about women seriously degrading the IDF.

Finally I don't want to live n your world where there is some assumed natural distinction between genders. I don't care if my 18 year daughter has to face selective service. In fact, I feel the same way about it as my son. I don't want to lose either of them in a rich mans war.

What I do want is a world in which my daughter is acknowledged as a human being, who isn't limited by her gender. One in which people rightly assume that she can do, and should be allowed to do, anything she puts her mind to.

A lot of you are living in a twisted version of the past, the memory of which we cannot hurry out of living memory fast enough.
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

At the very least this is an overtly political thread, and is inappropriate per the forum rules.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Again, someone who does not know what their talking about. There's nothing wrong with these men. If you think for minute, every Soldier, sailor, Marine or Air Man went to War believing it was only a rich man's war. Again Sir!! what Division did you serve in...as Infantry Man. Please post it here. Other wise, Your just another PC warrior, who doesn't have a clue.
ORIGINAL: Revthought

I am really reluctant to post here; however, I cannot stop myself. There is something really wrong with many of you. Who cares if women can serve in combat roles? Women have been serving in that capacity since the beginning of time. In modernity we saw it in the Soviet Union during the Second World War, where women served with the Soviet armed forces with distinction. There were no problems with discipline, and Soviet society did not collapse. In fact, the Soviets actually won that war, remember?

Furthermore, women have been in combat roles for years in the armies of many nations. I don't hear anyone saying anything about women seriously degrading the IDF.

Finally I don't want to live n your world where there is some assumed natural distinction between genders. I don't care if my 18 year daughter has to face selective service. In fact, I feel the same way about it as my son. I don't want to lose either of them in a rich mans war.

What I do want is a world in which my daughter is acknowledged as a human being, who isn't limited by her gender. One in which people rightly assume that she can do, and should be allowed to do, anything she puts her mind to.

A lot of you are living in a twisted version of the past, the memory of which we cannot hurry out of living memory fast enough.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
JWW

Post by JWW »

Your insults to anyone with a differing view are inappropriate for this forum. Likewise, your belief that there is no "natural distinction between the genders" is mistaken. Surely you realize that.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Another fool, "revthought".

You pc guys who keep repeating, like robots, that "women have always been there", in combat that is.

Check the KIA stats, ooops, uh duh!!!
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

How many women in IDF are in combat infantry? I remember reading from somewhere only 3%. I presume that 3% can carry their own backpack and throw hand grenade far enough. If I remember it right and article in question is accurate and true, then 97% of IDF women are outside of the combat infantry doing something else. Like in logistics (from cooking to medics to truck drivers) and crewing combat vehicles. Not infantry.

Stated problem with USA Army is that there are now women in combat infantry who cannot throw hand grenade far enough and carry their own backpack. They leave it to the men to carry their gear and throw the grenades. Women in the combat aircraft and vehicle crews aren't the problem. Women in the combat infantry are the problem. Maybe not all of them, but too many are. In short, combat infantry needs bitches, but someone decided put sluts in there too

[edit]
Manuscript for linked web manga was written by former marine from Okinawa, and she was likely told the same things what appear in the manga. See her comments at bottom of the web page.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

About revthought...its hard to imagine someone really thinks this way. I think he feels the Bern for 2016[:D] The current FLOTUS once said: "we need to change our history". At first glance this seems a ridiculous statement...now read revthoughts last sentence.

I am amazed by some (many) political activists that call themselves "anarchists", but favor a strong central government providing benefits and dispensing "social justice". A few months ago during a business transaction, I was complimented by a hipster looking college kid who stated "I'm so glad your not trying to control me bro..."...when I delved deeper into his thought process concerning control it turned out he was happy to use the state to control others. I pointed out the obvious to him. I think I changed his life that day.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

<snip> not accurate

One at a time, taking into consideration women in the military.
Sorry to burst your bubble but their is a distinction between the "genders". Other wise we would not have the word gender?
Do we have selective service? I think it is a volunteer military, right?
"Rich man's war"? You have not stepped out of the sixties? This canard has been bandied about for years. Proven false each time it is brought up, but remains the mantra of the criminally stupid.
And, I do not want my son dying because some idiot thinks his daughter has the right to "fight" (when she obviously cannot do so on the same level as the man).

If your daughter foolishly believes that she is capable enough to be an infantry fighter she should pass the same test as men do. Then she can perform the tasks of infantry fighter without endangering her fellow soldiers?
If she really put her mind to it, and not just followed her father's muddled thinking, she might find out that she is simply not capable of performing the same tasks?

On your last thought. I believe you are not going to get your wish. As long as historians can report historical fact we should all be safe from those who wish to eliminate and re-write history. And, as long as I live I will stand up and shout out the truth, to pass it along to following generations that will help shine the light on that truth.

Sheesh. I guess it is true that hippies did assimilate and hide within the depths of society?

RR
&#8213; Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Give that man a Cigar.[&o]
ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

<snip> not accurate

One at a time, taking into consideration women in the military.
Sorry to burst your bubble but their is a distinction between the "genders". Other wise we would not have the word gender?
Do we have selective service? I think it is a volunteer military, right?
"Rich man's war"? You have not stepped out of the sixties? This canard has been bandied about for years. Proven false each time it is brought up, but remains the mantra of the criminally stupid.
And, I do not want my son dying because some idiot thinks his daughter has the right to "fight" (when she obviously cannot do so on the same level as the man).

If your daughter foolishly believes that she is capable enough to be an infantry fighter she should pass the same test as men do. Then she can perform the tasks of infantry fighter without endangering her fellow soldiers?
If she really put her mind to it, and not just followed her father's muddled thinking, she might find out that she is simply not capable of performing the same tasks?

On your last thought. I believe you are not going to get your wish. As long as historians can report historical fact we should all be safe from those who wish to eliminate and re-write history. And, as long as I live I will stand up and shout out the truth, to pass it along to following generations that will help shine the light on that truth.

Sheesh. I guess it is true that hippies did assimilate and hide within the depths of society?

RR
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Well said.
waltero

Post by waltero »

Ya well, the Military is not what it use to be...Neither is war.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Ah, the "new" left, where fiction is knowledge.

Not that new, that word is for the new dopes, still fiction, keep repeating though, always plenty of new fools.

Return to “General Discussion”