big thanks to loki100 for the War Room essays

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
gwgardner

big thanks to loki100 for the War Room essays

Post by gwgardner »

Much appreciated and so well done.

michaelspotts

RE: big thanks to loki100 for the War Room essays

Post by michaelspotts »

You speak my mind. Much appreciated as I am learning AGEOD system (finally) with WON and CW II. Great work and giving of time for those not as knowledgeable. True spirit of the holiday!
schascha

Post by schascha »

+1 for this topic[&o][&o][&o]
ess1

Post by ess1 »

Yes indeed, many thanks for your time and effort.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

thanks to all but not really that deserved.

What I've done is to take material produced by several people for earlier AGE games (in particular Rise of Prussia and AJE) or in the AGEWiki and rework it a little for WoN. Mostly to concentrate on the stuff you can control rather than the micro-tactical level where its not so helpful to know exactly what is going on.

Its all bits and pieces that frustrated me, or caught me out, when I was first learning the game engine.

so glad its helpful

Roger
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Absolutely agree - thanks, loki100 for these great essays!

One tip from my side: I'm an avid user of Evernote www.evernote.com a (freemium) cloud-based knowledge repository service. It is supported on multiple (all?) platforms through web- or native applications and they have a great "clipper" application for most browsers. Every time I see a helpful website or web content for any of the games I'm interested in, I click the little Evernote button in my browser and it stores the content in my Evernote database (you can clip whole websites, articles, content you highlight yourself on a website and even a "simplified" version of the content that strips away all the unnecessary web-formatting.
Within Evernote you can create folders (such as "games" or "wargames" and can even tag content (I have tags like "AGEOD", "WWII", "WitE" or "History") that help me organize my content. Within Evernote I simply search by search terms or tags and - voila, all the content is easy accessible.

So, loki100's essays were immediately stored within "wargames" and tagged with "AGEOD", "napoleonics", "tips" and I can access them on all my computers, my iPad, iPhone etc.
I have built a great repository of materials that really help me enjoying my games (all PDF game manuals are stored the same way)
pianoman53

Post by pianoman53 »

This is exactly what I was looking for .. Thankyou for the great explanation of things not known[&o]
39battalion

Post by 39battalion »

Many thanks Loki100 !

Very helpful and useful tips for this great gaming system

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”