[PROBABLY FIXED v1.11] CTD when trying to stretch screen across three windows... screenshot enclosed

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Malakie

[PROBABLY FIXED v1.11] CTD when trying to stretch screen across three windows... screenshot enclosed

Post by Malakie »

Tried to stretch the screen across three screens (3140x2160) 4K-UHD

CTD.

Attachments
CNtemp.jpg
CNtemp.jpg (741.32 KiB) Viewed 61 times
Take it light...

Malakie
zakblood

RE: CTD when trying to stretch screen across three windows... screenshot enclosed

Post by zakblood »

As the game was or maybe never meant to be displayed or even designed to be on this size of display resolution, the problem isn't or could be only a driver and or game issue, but also a scaling one, while some game will work at this size, most in game menu's wont, and some txt will or may cause errors or be unreadable, 10/20+ million dollar budget games still aren't fully supporting this size as yet out of the box or if at all, info from steam btw, not a guess.

do you use DP 1.1 or DP 1.2 on your monitors? as you can try each one to see if it makes any difference, i'd hazard a guess it won't but may so worth a try as it doesn't take 2 sec's in the monitor menu to check

the mods and developers here will also need your make and model of card in use plus driver number, o/s used etc, maybe they will be able to help more, i'm only a community mod so don't have all the detail they have, so also maybe wrong, but forum mods from here will reply with more details and any known fixes or work around, or just to ask for more information and give a more correct answer, so don't loose hope just yet...

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8)
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

I'll quote a monitor makers quote, who was speaking to a driver maker Nvidia
One day, this technology is going to blow open desktop gaming and viewing content. But interested users should know that today, the price of entry is extremely high. In 4-5 years 4K will be ubiquitous, but for now, it’s in the early adopter phase — don’t leap for it unless you’re willing to tolerate above-average levels of frustration.
oh and this was last year 2014, we are soon to be in 2016 but this res size won't be mainstream supported i'd hazard a guess for still a few more years, unless mods and developers know a few tricks that may help you, but i have none i'm sorry to say, good luck hope they have a better reply than i do for you.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
mikmykWS

RE: CTD when trying to stretch screen across three windows... screenshot enclosed

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for reporting this. I honestly don't think we ever tested with three monitors so not sure if we've accounted for it in our coding. Added to our list.

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”