Tech Support FAQ

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

Andrew Loveridge

Tech Support FAQ

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Some customers have had a .Net Framework issue with Arial Fonts. If you receive a .Net error that refers to an arial font, try installing the attached fonts as described below.

For Vista/ Windows 7 Users
1. Open Fonts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2. Click File, and then click Install New Font. If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT.

3. In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, click the drive where the font that you want to install is located.

4. Under Folders, double-click the folder containing the fonts that you want to add.

5. Under List of fonts, click the font that you want to add, and then click Install.
Attachments
ArialFonts.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
Vic

RE: Tech Support FAQ

Post by Vic »

What to do when you get an error?

And lets be realistic. Its always a possibility you walk into an error message while playing the game. Good testing is important to me but things always can slip through. My goal is if something turns up I fix things ASAP. (though of course I am not working every hour of the day and sometimes out on weekends)

If you do find a bug then please do post the specific wording of the error message. This is very important.

And if its an error-box that is showing up with a "details" button, please click that button and copy&paste the whole message text that appears then.
Like shown here: tm.asp?m=2558642

If possible send me a savefile or autosave file from which the error is preferable repeatable to vic@xs4all.nl

Also if possible state your game version number (in top left corner of startup screen), the scenario you where playing, RAM memory, screen resolution and Operating system (vista,xp,windows7)

Best regards,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

I get an unhandled exception every time I try and launch the game. I have windows 10...

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Matrix Games\DCWTP\graphics\systemgraphics\smallshape.png'.
File name: 'C:\Matrix Games\DCWTP\graphics\systemgraphics\smallshape.png'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at WindowsApplication1.BitmapStore.LoadBitmap(String filename)
at WindowsApplication1.BitmapStore.GiveGraphicsPath(String s)
at WindowsApplication1.GameClass..ctor(Form1 tformref)
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.FinishUp()
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Startup()
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WindowsApplication1
Assembly Version: 1.0.4926.30442
Win32 Version: 1.0.4926.30442
CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix%20Games/DCWTP/WarsawToParis.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8)
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

here's mine as a example, i have many loaded as each game needs or uses a different one, same as direct X 9/10/11 and now 12 installed on my pc... as i also use windows 10 pro, 64bit

next as you see if a game runs in 32bit, but you use a 64bit O/S like me, you still need to load both the 32/64 bit version as one file doesn't do both, same as the latest version of anything doesn't include the older versions either.

a full screen print of the whole code is always better than one line, and a DxDiag file helps to see if it's your problem pc / hardware or game error in compatibility with a driver or device etc...

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

Here is my report and I switched to 32bit and run as admin with compatability mode.

Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(64.32 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

any other problems noticed or seen on the pc apart from this?

with any other game or app / program?
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

any other problems noticed or seen on the pc apart from this?

with any other game or app / program?
No Sir, this seems to be the only game I am having issues with.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

compatibility mode using windows 7 or xpsp3? and ran as admin, adding the file to the safe zone in your Anti virus program?

as some AV programs also stop apps from running

i asked for other errors you were having because there are 9 mentioned in the DxD report
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

compatibility mode using windows 7 or xpsp3? and ran as admin, adding the file to the safe zone in your Anti virus program?

as some AV programs also stop apps from running

i asked for other errors you were having because there are 9 mentioned in the DxD report
I have not noticed another game having errors. I will check on them to see. I registered my key with steam and installed through steam
and now the game is working just fine.
Vic

Post by Vic »

It seems like you have done a faulty install of the game. Or something went wrong.

Since the error seems to be caused by the game not finding C:\Matrix Games\DCWTP\graphics\systemgraphics\smallshape.png

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
lucerne96

Post by lucerne96 »

I am trying to see the subordinate units of a HQ. Sometimes the color outline of the unit has insufficient contrast to see anything. Can this be changed?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi,

You can click on a friendly HQ icon in the bottom part of the interface (just next to its name) and that will allow you to pick a different color.

best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Tech Support”