Automation!! help...

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Blabsawaw22

Automation!! help...

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

I'm trying to get automation working.. It's like I used to play this game all the time on crazy manual settings.. and now the one time I actually want automation to work It doesn't! ha..

Ok so I just want my AI to help me build ships... so I set my settings to picture below... is it correct?

the problem is it's not ever suggesting to me to build anything!!

I'm also seeing Retrofit questions like "do you want to retrofit for $30,000 to Meridian shields?"

and then I hit "yes" and Nothing happens! haha!

what am I doing wrong here..

Attachments
FLEETBUILD.jpg
FLEETBUILD.jpg (91.89 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Twigster

RE: Automation!! help...

Post by Twigster »

I don't do automation, but it looks like your settings are correct. Only thing I can think is, do yo actually have $30,000 when the prompt appears?
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

This should answer..

Attachments
cashflow.jpg
cashflow.jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Has the AI _never_ suggested for you to build ships? If that is the case, check the policy panel that that one is not out synch.

The below is how I understand the AI to do ship building from the economic side:

1: At frequent interval it checks if ships should be built. In your case the answer will be "no", since you have 530k negative cashflow. So the "normal" build routine will not trigger until your negative cashflow is gone.

2: At rarer interval, maybe yearly, the AI does an extra check that was added many versions ago. This considers the cash on hand. If there is a lot of cash on hand, like you got, the AI will build some ships to spend cash.

If you run the build ships AI on suggest, this has one issue. If you open the build order screen, you will see the version 1 suggestion. In your case "build nothing".

Then, once in a while, you get a suggestion like "build this stuff for 300k". That is the version 2 suggestion. But if you click on it to see what it is, you see no suggestion, since that is the "type 1".

I have a few times tried to let the AI create the budget, while I order the military ships as I see fit within those limits. That runs into the problem that once cashflow is negative, I never see the AI suggest building construction ships or exploration ships. And I never see more than the amount it would build from in its "type 2" checks, so I have to interpret that as "The AI wants to build for 300k, I can for sure spend 250-300k if I want to". I can not know if I was supposed to build 5 construction ships with some of those 300k, though.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Ok well, I have yet to see any pop-up for building ships.. only the occasional "retrofit" pop-up.. but I haven't even seen those recently..

anyhow, what do you think in the Policy Screen settings might be out of whack?? I will try making my cashflow positive but not sure if that will solve it..

Attachments
fleetoform.jpg
fleetoform.jpg (27.48 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

more

Attachments
construction.jpg
construction.jpg (82.11 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Look at my Policy settings in picture above.. but look.. i do get these.. but nothing happens when I do click approve.. I'm not sure what is actually retrofitting.. 1 ship??

Attachments
retrofit.jpg
retrofit.jpg (151.95 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

The only thing that could be wrong that I know of, if there somehow was a bug where the ship building was manual in the empire policy screen. But it is not, like it should not be when you have set it in options.

In that latest screen, I guess the economic situation can look too dire for the AI to ever consider building. The AI is not good with bonus income, and your negative cash flow is a large part of your current cash on hand.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

OK it finally showed up.. it even asked me if I wanted to build a spaceport.. which I've never seen before thats great..

It worked.. even when I have negative cashflow..

the key I think, was I saved and then quit Distant worlds.. and then reloaded.. that seemed to force it into gear.. typical..

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”