Game Locking Up

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

afspret

Game Locking Up

Post by afspret »

Even after doing a what I thought was a complete uninstall then reinstalling & patching, the game is still locking up, mainly during combat resolutions. My PC is running Win 10, but I've set the game to run in in Win 7 & when I do a compatibility check it says something about "Scaling on high DPI" so I disabled it. My command line switch is as follows: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -cpu2 -multiaudio -skipvideo.

Oh, and when I said I thought I did a complete uninstall I found there were still some file names left on the PC from the previous version, such as the 64-bit Editor & the documentation folder.
John E. McCallum
Oberst_Klink

RE: Game Locking Up

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: afspret

Even after doing a what I thought was a complete uninstall then reinstalling & patching, the game is still locking up, mainly during combat resolutions. My PC is running Win 10, but I've set the game to run in in Win 7 & when I do a compatibility check it says something about "Scaling on high DPI" so I disabled it. My command line switch is as follows: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -cpu2 -multiaudio -skipvideo.

Oh, and when I said I thought I did a complete uninstall I found there were still some file names left on the PC from the previous version, such as the 64-bit Editor & the documentation folder.
I'd add -fd -dd_sw -px1440 -py900 as well; just change the px and py to your screen resolution and it should be fine.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

ORIGINAL: afspret

I'd add -fd -dd_sw -px1440 -py900 as well; just change the px and py to your screen resolution and it should be fine.

Klink, Oberst
In Win 7 you can get the resolution currently in use on the desktop by right clicking the desktop to bring up the properties list. But I tried that in a Win 8 installation and no properties were shown on right clicking the desktop. I presume Win 10 will follow the Win 8 desktop model? How does one look up the native desktop resolution in Win 10?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Firstly, the "V" in -skipVideo should be upper case.  That command line switch will not work if it is lower case "v".

Secondly, you should try adding either -SingleCpuStart or -SingleCpuOrders to maximise the benefit of specifying use of cpu2.  If you are locking up it could be indicative of an overload on your cores or conflict between them.

Alfred
afspret

Post by afspret »

Problem seems to have been solved. I added "-SingleCpuOrders" to the command line, and after running 1 turn in the Guadalcanal scenario & 5 in the Coral Sea one, didn't have one instant of game locking up. Thanks to all for the advice.
John E. McCallum

Return to “Tech Support”