Tacticle warfare

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

bo

Tacticle warfare

Post by bo »

I am going crazy I must of misplaced my last post oh well.

I had mentioned that while waiting for MWIF netplay to be finished I was looking for a new game to play and saw this one. Couple of questions as I really have never played a tacticle WW2 computer game before.

I downloaded John Tillers Squad battles Granada demo and played it for awhile and decided to let the computer play the Americans in the 8 turn scenario because I was not doing well playing the Americans against the Cuban computer.

Well after 8 moves the AI accomplished about what I did, nothing. I do hope this game will not look like that game. Remember I am not used to tacticle games.

Please advise what is the difference between sprites units and nato units on the map. I do know what a nato unit is but not sure what the sprites on the map might look like. Thank you.

Bo

xavutrecht

RE: Tacticle warfare

Post by xavutrecht »

I am not sure I understood your question well, don't know what you were meaning about sprites units.
TotH gameplay is similar to Squad Leader (the boardgame).
It's not SB, different levels of morale/disruption, weapons are not handle the same way, etc...
AI is doing a decent job, it's not a human player but AI will make a lot of players sweat.
It's not top of the art graphic wise, no "almost real" graphics, no big firing/explosions.

Again it's the closest thing one can have of a boargame. Lots of players, me including, are left alone looking are the game boxes lying on the shelves. This game will let us play SL again. Yeah! [:D]

PS: I have no shares in this game. I like it, that's all.

Cheers
Xavier
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

If you are very new to Tactical you might really want to esse your way into it with Battle Academy series.
xavutrecht

Post by xavutrecht »

If you are very new to Tactical you might really want to esse your way into it with Battle Academy series.

Or Heroes of Normandie, but TotH could do the trick. It's almost SL/ASL with a tiny user manual.[;)]
Xavier
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: xavutrecht

I am not sure I understood your question well, don't know what you were meaning about sprites units.
TotH gameplay is similar to Squad Leader (the boardgame).
It's not SB, different levels of morale/disruption, weapons are not handle the same way, etc...
AI is doing a decent job, it's not a human player but AI will make a lot of players sweat.
It's not top of the art graphic wise, no "almost real" graphics, no big firing/explosions.

Again it's the closest thing one can have of a boargame. Lots of players, me including, are left alone looking are the game boxes lying on the shelves. This game will let us play SL again. Yeah! [:D]

PS: I have no shares in this game. I like it, that's all.

Cheers

"This is a tactical wargame, 1 hex = 40m; so I don't think NATO symbols make sense on this scale - the game uses sprites. However all the game graphics is one PNG file so you can replace the sprites with NATO symbols if you like."

The above is a post #16 by Peter Fisla in the Current News forums.

xavutreecht this is the post I saw about nato symbols and sprites I was just wondering if somebody could explain what this post means. Sprites, normally means it is a tank image but not on a cardboard counter, sorry for the confusion.

Bo

bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: lparkh

Thank you Lparkh, I have no problem that I will learn the game it is just I am used to a MWIF strategic type of game, but the demo I saw I did not like the way the game played really made no sense, I felt poorly done, I was just hoping this game is not in that same venue NP

Bo
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: bo

xavutreecht this is the post I saw about nato symbols and sprites I was just wondering if somebody could explain what this post means. Sprites, normally means it is a tank image but not on a cardboard counter, sorry for the confusion.

Bo

When he's talking about sprites, he's referring to the images of tanks and men and mortars and LMGs. He uses sprite images on counters rather than NATO symbols ( rectangles with ovals or X's ) on the counters. I think that's all he's trying to say ( though I could be wrong). I only know what I've read and seen here.

Thanks
rick
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Rick

ORIGINAL: bo

Bo

When he's talking about sprites, he's referring to the images of tanks and men and mortars and LMGs. He uses sprite images on counters rather than NATO symbols ( rectangles with ovals or X's ) on the counters. I think that's all he's trying to say ( though I could be wrong). I only know what I've read and seen here.

Thanks
rick

Rick sounds good appreciate your help.

Bo

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”