Play with less ruins?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Kizucha

Play with less ruins?

Post by Kizucha »

Hey everyone, i want to ask if someone can say me if its possible to play with less ruins or clearly said, i want only the important ruins. Like the ruins with warp-tech in pre-warp games.

I somewhat dont like the ruins that throw capital ships and colonies at me.[:(] In my actual game, right after the pre-warp phase i got 4 colonies from ruins.[X(] That was a bit to much for me.[:D]

In forward thank you for answers. ^-^
Aeson

RE: Play with less ruins?

Post by Aeson »

I am not aware of any way to reduce the number of ruins that spawn on the map, short of using the in-game editor to delete them.

My experience is that the ruins granting free colonies (especially the "Lost Colonies" that will join you as soon as any of your ships pays that colony a visit, unlike the "Silent Chambers" which still require a colony ship or invasion to acquire) and high-end ships are rather uncommon; it sounds like you were just very lucky in that game. Usually I just get things like map information or a pile of credits or pirate traps or swarms of Giant Kaltors.
Kizucha

RE: Play with less ruins?

Post by Kizucha »

Yes this round is so... unpleasant for me. xD I got 4 lost colonies, 1 colonieship, 1 map, 2 money and 2 capital ships.[:D] And only 1 pirat ambush, 1 kaltor swarm and 1 silver mist.

I started a new game, i already feard the editor is the only way and... i really dont want to look over the entire map and delete all ruins.[:)] Sadly nowhere is an option in the editor "delete all ruins except the ones for warp". ^~^ But thank you~.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”