Game manual bug- 4.14.3 example 1

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

willgamer

Game manual bug- 4.14.3 example 1

Post by willgamer »

I believe I'm correct in the following analysis, but supply is rather challenging, so please feel free to tell me where I am misinterpreting...

The term 'basic level of supply' needs to be carefully conformed to the in game supply details.

A unit that has been static for many turns will show in supply details (using my static Finnish units as an example)-

Supply Stock 122
Rounds of Stock 2
Supply In Req 66
Supply In 66

So the 2nd sentence on p. 96, under 4.14.3, "Half of a basic level of supply is needed to maintain a unit's readiness." is incorrect. Exactly 1 basic level of supply (BLOS) is needed. So, for the static unit in the example above, the Supply In Req is exactly the same as the BLOS.

The example 1 that follows is similarly incorrect. Correctly would be-

Unit X has a basic supply of 200 points and therefore a Maximum Supply Stock of 400 points. It has a readiness of 100. It has 0 in storage and will therefore request maximum supply of 400 points. Half of its maximum request supply is needed to maintain its readiness... so the remaining 200 points (i.e. 400 - 1/2 of 400) points of newly arrived supply will go into its supply stock.

I'm stopping here, since there's no point reviewing the rest of 4.14 unless the above is correct. [:)]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Vic

RE: Game manual bug- 4.14.3 example 1

Post by Vic »

Hi will,

I guess this is a bit confusing indeed.
Actually I wonder now why we put these detailed explanations in there as there is no real interest since you'll be very seldom in a situation where'd you even be tempted to micromanage supply consumption.

Thing is the Finish Infantry (as in your example) has the following 2 stats (not shown in the game interface)
-Basic Supply level : 2 points
-Maximum Supply storage: 2 points

So lets assume a unit with just 50 individuals of finish infantry at 100 readiness (10.000 soldiers)
The would have a maximum supply stock of a 100 points.
And they would request 50 points (half basic supply level).

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Hi will,

I guess this is a bit confusing indeed.
Actually I wonder now why we put these detailed explanations in there as there is no real interest since you'll be very seldom in a situation where'd you even be tempted to micromanage supply consumption.

Thing is the Finish Infantry (as in your example) has the following 2 stats (not shown in the game interface)
-Basic Supply level : 2 points
-Maximum Supply storage: 2 points

So lets assume a unit with just 50 individuals of finish infantry at 100 readiness (10.000 soldiers)
The would have a maximum supply stock of a 100 points.
And they would request 50 points (half basic supply level).

best wishes,
Vic

Thanks for the extra details. It is helpful to understand supply in some detail, not so much to be micromanaged, but to grasp the linkage to keeping or recovering Readiness.

However, you last point-

"... (half basic supply level)."

is not consistent terminology with the manual. The Basic Supply chart on p. 97, the middle column, is labeled Basic Supply Level. This is what you are calling "half basic supply level".

One approach would be to rewrite 4.14.3 to consistently use the terminology in the Basic Supply Table. It's either that, or change the middle column of the table to "Half Basic Supply Level".

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

Sorry to blab on, but I'd like to pin down the definition of basic supply level, pedantic as that may sound. [8|]

Going with Vic's input, the change to make the supply section consistent is to change the middle column of the Basic Supply table on p. 97 from "Basic Supply Level" to "Minimum Supply Required (at full strength)".

[&:]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?

Return to “Tech Support”