End of Battle Steam error

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
m777

End of Battle Steam error

Post by m777 »

I just bought COI from the Matrix website and played a couple beginner games.
Having owned the CC series I quickly got past the request a truce stage to the won stage.
At that point I got a "Could not download something error." Yes I should have written it down and I will next time.
Point is, is this a fixable bug or should I buy the next Close Combat (maybe Caen) through Steam?
Thanks, Ken
zakblood

RE: End of Battle Steam error

Post by zakblood »

without knowing what error code tbh i'd be guessing, but if the game works on your pc, for a wild guess i'd more than likely say if it error's and is something known, it will either have been already reported and sorted or maybe something simple, it normally is tbh, maybe and i say maybe a permission error etc

but not sure what would need downloading either so a screen shot or full message is always good to have for or if you see it again, thanks and sorry for your trouble
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
SteveMcClaire

RE: End of Battle Steam error

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Cross of Iron doesn't download anything during game play, so I am not sure that error came from the game itself. This error occurred going from the battle to the debrief screen, is that correct? It sounds like this does not happen every time you play a battle?

It could be related to the victory videos the game shows when you finish an operation or campaign. You can test this by going into the game options and turning off the videos, and then seeing if this error still occurs. If not, you may be missing the video codec that the game needs to play the videos. Try going into the game install directory and look in the folder \Close Combat III\Videos. See if you can play those videos yourself by just double clicking on them.

Steve

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”