Good Grief

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

Lecivius

Good Grief

Post by Lecivius »

I have never had such a hard time loading a program.

ESET HATES this program. It took me hours to get past that.

The I get a run time error trying to update.

Now the patch, downloaded of the patches page, is again setting off EST. Once that clears, I get a run time again.

No issue DLing Napoleon, or updating that. Same day purchase.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Nacho84

RE: Good Grief

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Lecivius,

The launcher screen used by SPM is the standard one used by all games from the Slitherine/Matrix Games catalog, there's nothing different about it.

Are you still having isues in order to download the update? If you are, please contact the Customer Support guys at support at slitherine.co.uk and they will be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I know. I have to wonder if ESET stepped on it somehow. It usually only gives the typical warning when DLing or running a .exe. But it literally freaked on this game, both on my Win10 laptop and my Win7 desktop. I eventually got it patched by getting the patch off the patch page on my laptop, and then pushing it from my laptop to my desktop.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs and in your case ESET, is interfering with the game installation and or update

http://support.eset.com/kb2769/?locale=en_US

easy to get around tbh, and it's a good AV program as normally if stuff play or alter with games, i'd say or ask to change to a better one tbh or one that's not so fussy, bit ott for most, but corp version is very nice[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”