Any newbie who wants to play as the germans against me?

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

No idea

Any newbie who wants to play as the germans against me?

Post by No idea »

It is going to be my first multi game. And my second campaign as the soviets. Choose if you want any house rules, but I think giving the soviets the +1 attack bonus with a reduced blizzard seems fair.
No idea

RE: Any newbie who wants to play as the germans against me?

Post by No idea »

No newbies willing to play as the germans? Any veterans who want to trash my forces?
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

This rules should be fine.

Server game
Locked HQ Support
Full FOW

House Rules:
No Para drops
No bombing of air bases more than 3 times a turn (after turn 1)
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943
In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea,
which reflects the scope for air/naval interdiction not really reflected in the game.
30 day rule = no turns in 30 days by one player the other wins by default.
New Patches will be used as soon as possible.

Additional Auto VC:
If the Axis player holds
Leningrad, Moscow, Voronezh and Rostov concurrently at any time in 1941 he wins
an Auto Victory. No need to waste any ones time as we all know the end results based on past games if these cities fall in 1941.

Optional Rules Setup:

Mild Blizzard Rules
Random Weather
No 1-1 = 2-1

I'm interested, maybe I'm not a veteran, but I'm also no newbie.
Should talk with you over the game, so that we booth can learn something.

No idea

Post by No idea »

Ok, thenk you. I have some doubts about the house rules and how to play in a server. I understand how PBEM works but not servers. Do we have to be playing at the same time? What is the difference with pbem?

Regarding house rules:

What do you mean by "no turns in 30 days"? If I dont move any unit in 30 game days I lose?

By the way, I use 1.08.4 since that is the last "official" patch. I have herad there is some morale bug with one of the last beta patched, but I am not sure if that bug is present in the last beta patch. On any case, which is and where can I get the last beta patch? (if that is the one you wwant to use)

What is the "No 1-1 = 2-1" rule? You mean you dont want to play with the +1 SU attack bonus?

By the way, are you aware that random weather with the last beta pacth seems to be very damaging for the german player, right? (it seems you can get mud as soon as turn 3)
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

The moral bug was solved be 1.08.07, that is the reason I prefer that patch.
No +1 soviet attack.
Random weather you could decide, both options are okay for me.
"no turns in 30 days" means, don't need over 30 days for a turn. Best should be a week for a turn or faster. That is the question to your "speed".
Server game vs PBEM.
PBEM means, there is no controll how often you reload.
The leader skills works with random, so with reload you can win every single attack, it is only a question how often you reload your game. I had the experience, that I played against somebody, who everytime wons his battles and sometimes against all odds. So he could break pockets and other things and that is very frustrating. Before I invest so many time with a player I don't know, I want the server game (you will be banned, if you reload), so think before you attack and let the dices rolls and not reload until your are satisfied with your dices.

No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: VigaBrand

The moral bug was solved be 1.08.07, that is the reason I prefer that patch.
No +1 soviet attack.
Random weather you could decide, both options are okay for me.
"no turns in 30 days" means, don't need over 30 days for a turn. Best should be a week for a turn or faster. That is the question to your "speed".
Server game vs PBEM.
PBEM means, there is no controll how often you reload.
The leader skills works with random, so with reload you can win every single attack, it is only a question how often you reload your game. I had the experience, that I played against somebody, who everytime wons his battles and sometimes against all odds. So he could break pockets and other things and that is very frustrating. Before I invest so many time with a player I don't know, I want the server game (you will be banned, if you reload), so think before you attack and let the dices rolls and not reload until your are satisfied with your dices.

OK with no +1 SU attack then. But then I think random weather might help me, so I will settle for that.

No problem with no turns in 30 days. I will be much quicker than that. On my part I can make 2 or 3 turns per day. Probably more.

I wasnt aware with PBEM you could do that. It is completely gamey. And makes games uninteresting as hell, so I welcome the server.

What do I have to do now?

By the way, with Locked HQs you mean that they will start and remain locked all through the game, right? But I will be able to manually move SUs around.

PS. One last thing? Which GC? The normal one, the Alt CV one (I prefer that one) or the one finishing in May 1945?
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

Bitter End will be okay or the normal one.
Locked HQ means only, that at the start the automatic SU transfer will be locked, you can made it manual or you can changed locked to a number you want.
Important is 1.08.07 and than start a game, think about a password and PM me the password.
But, I will not made 2-3 turns per day. And my first turn should be a little longer, because I'm away until Sunday.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”