Pbem Combat Animation

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cohimbra

Pbem Combat Animation

Post by cohimbra »

Hi gentlemen.

I'm involved in a pbem match (11/30/1943) as japanese, and I don't want to see combat animations anymore.

So I turn off combat animations from preference menu, but as you all know, this thing turn off animations for my allied opponent too.

He don't like this, and I think it's right thing to turn back to on and let him see and enjoy their 4E dropping their bombs everywhere around the map, as I enjoyed my ki-21 in the previous months.

So, I'm here to ask you if there's a way, or a 'trick', to turn off combat animations for the japanese player, leaving combat animations on for the allied player.

I think the replies can only are "no, no, no, stupid JFB!", but asking cost nothing.

Thanks for your attention. Regards.

koniu

RE: Pbem Combat Animation

Post by koniu »

Sadly if You turn of animations You will always turn it off for other side to.
What i can suggest is using of ESC button to speedup animations.

I personally prefer to see them. They giving much more detailed info comparing to text rapports
They are specially useful for me during air-naval naval-naval battles(Info about critical damage to ships or if hits/bombs penetrate or not) and during ground battles ( i cant see on what shape is every single enemy unit).

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

As an alternative to using the Esc key to skip each combat animation, you can set the message delay for each type of combat to 0 and it will skip through automatically. Your partner would have to re-set the delay for how long he wants it when he gets the turn.
I am not sure if this throws out the synchronization in a PBEM though - never played one.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

As an alternative to using the Esc key to skip each combat animation, you can set the message delay for each type of combat to 0 and it will skip through automatically. Your partner would have to re-set the delay for how long he wants it when he gets the turn.
I am not sure if this throws out the synchronization in a PBEM though - never played one.

My opponent and I faced this and it's possible for the Allied player to set his own delays. They are saved in the Save file and re-transmitted back and forth from then on. So it takes a cycle for them to show up on the Allied side.

My opponent also does not use animations, but I see them. I don't know if he Esc keys past or if they're off. It's worth a try for him to set them on and wait a turn to see. Others here are saying they're not created if Japan turns them off, but I've never tested it and the manual is silent. It's worth a try.
The Moose
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

Thanks to all, I think we found a satisfying compromise:
setting the delay to 0.0 (as Japan, for each type of combat) seem to not affect delay setting of allied side.
Obviously we need more test (only one turn played with new setting), but all it's ok for now.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

In ye olde days, it was found that one player using "esc" in PBEM was the cause of one of the synch bugs.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”