LCUfilter Utility

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

witpqs

LCUfilter Utility

Post by witpqs »

I have created and posted a small utility to help with organizing how much transport is needed to load LCUs for invasions. The key is that you be using Tracker, do an "Export CSV" for LCUs (very easy to do). This utility will then read that file. It will, according to what sites you told it to filter on, create a spreadsheet file that should work with any major spreadsheet (and definitely works with LibreOffice Calc and with Microsoft Excel). Have a look at the documentation for more details or drop into my AAR where I posted some screen pics a couple of weeks ago.

Here is a link to the zip file. Download it and extract the zip file into whatever folder you want to use it in. The source code is included in case you want to see it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByVleYydeDVcQW5NVFc4V0g1Qkk
MBF

RE: LCUfilter Utility

Post by MBF »

+1
Dili

Post by Dili »

Thanks witpqs.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Someone has ENTIRELY to much free time on their hands [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Someone has ENTIRELY to much free time on their hands [:D]
[:D]
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Having a play with it now.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Initial reactions

Is there a way to set the configuration files so you don't have to input them every run?

The filtered file opens fine in Excel, but doesn't seem to do anything regarding the loading - it gives me the AV for the troops selected and the base load but that's it.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

Initial reactions

Is there a way to set the configuration files so you don't have to input them every run?
Use the default file name to avoid putting a different name in.

The filtered file opens fine in Excel, but doesn't seem to do anything regarding the loading - it gives me the AV for the troops selected and the base load but that's it.
At this time I have not started reading the Tracker database, so I am restricted to the information available in the CSV file that Tracker exports. The Troop Load Cost and Equipment Load Cost for the units are not in that file. You have to look at the LCU's display in-game, and get those figures yourself. It is the only thing you have to enter manually. If I can change that later on I will, but for the moment it's a manual entry. The documentation covers that.

All of the formulas are put in for you though, so as soon as you input the Troop and Equipment load numbers the other columns all fill out themselves for you.

Roger
floydg

Post by floydg »

And eventually I will add something like this into WitPTracker.
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
rjopel

Post by rjopel »

+1
Ryan Opel
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: floydg

And eventually I will add something like this into WitPTracker.
[8D]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

LCUfilter? Why am I seeing Lucifer in that? Are we going to have to have our computers exorcised?

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

LCUfilter? Why am I seeing Lucifer in that? Are we going to have to have our computers exorcised?
Computers' End. [:D]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

Initial reactions

Use the default file name to avoid putting a different name in.

At this time I have not started reading the Tracker database, so I am restricted to the information available in the CSV file that Tracker exports. The Troop Load Cost and Equipment Load Cost for the units are not in that file. You have to look at the LCU's display in-game, and get those figures yourself. It is the only thing you have to enter manually. If I can change that later on I will, but for the moment it's a manual entry. The documentation covers that.

All of the formulas are put in for you though, so as soon as you input the Troop and Equipment load numbers the other columns all fill out themselves for you.

Roger
Version 0.6 is now posted. It saves the file names you enter for use as defaults for the next run. Also confirms that you want to overwrite an existing output file.

The little documentation file has been modified all along, but might not be fully up to date. Let me know any errors you spot in there.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Version 0.7 uploaded. Again in a zip file, just unzip it to where you want to use it.

I re-worked the additional functionality added in the previous version. There is no more ".sav." file, instead there is a more standard ".ini" file that holds the most recently entered file names for use as future defaults.

Also the overload percentage and unloading rate can be input, and the most recent answers for those are also stored for use as future default answers.

Any errors encountered will be directed to the file "LCUfilter-error.log" for use in troubleshooting.

As before, the documentation has also been updated but could use some keen eyes.

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

A new version with some internal changes. Functionality is the same. Version 0.7.1.

Same link:

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”