East German faction (Brüder Gegen Brüder)

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Stimpak

East German faction (Brüder Gegen Brüder)

Post by Stimpak »

The old version of the campaign is long since broken and undergoing refurbishment, however this thread now serves it's purpose as the thread for my East Germany faction and updates towards it, as well as the maps and their remakes featured in the campaign. Don't forget to pick up the maps as I rebuild them!
Most Recent East German data folder is attached to my latest update within the thread.

Legacy post:

NOTE: The current uploaded version is an alternative, stopgap version designed to address problems within the campaign while I attempt to figure out a better workaround. If you have installed the campaign before, then you will need to re-install this version, as the old version is currently BROKEN.

0400 hours, 20 July 1989 forces of the Soviet Union crossed the border between East and West Germany near the town of Bad Neustadt, West Germany. The attack had been concealed by months of diplomatic maneuvering by the Soviet Union to get the world to believe it was pulling its combat forces out of Germany and promoting unification.

What was in fact happening was a plan to put all of Western Europe under Soviet control. The Warsaw Pact had been getting weaker and NATO was getting stronger. Cracks in the Warsaw Pact nations support for Soviet policies, along with Western economic stability has led Soviet leadership to assume a course of offensive action against NATO.

As the attack develops in the Fulda Gap the Americans are hard pressed to contain the offensive there. The entire operation in the Fulda Gap is a diversion and is intended to simply draw off the reserves and combat effectiveness of the NORTHAG.

Now, it is day two of the apocalypse. 2nd Guards Tank Army, and 3rd Red Banner Army advance to capture Bremen and several other ports along the German coast, and pave the way for Polish forces to seize Denmark. Standing in their way is the lone American 3rd Brigade, 2nd Armor Division...

But this is not the story of the American struggle against the Red Storm, this is the story of the East Germans under 5. Armee who's efforts help make the Soviet victories possible. In the coming days, they will fight a series of battles, some on the offensive, some defensive, and even some as guerillas. Opposing them however are not Americans, or British, but their former countrymen in West Germany. The Third World War pits Brother against Brother, and ensues in a bitter struggle for Victory as the world comes to an end.

Command the elite "9. Panzerdivision" and claim one final German victory, before Germany itself ceases to exist in the four (for now) part campaign, "Brüder Gegen Brüder"!

Included is:

-Four brand new maps based around: Faßberg, Bad Fallingbostel, Verden, and Vechta
-A new Warsaw Pact nation to choose from: East Germany, on the other side of the Iron Curtain
-Four (for now) challenging scenarios pitting you against everything NORTHAG has to throw at you
-A new campaign to claim victory in.

The Initial release version is, unfortunately, unplayable at the moment. A Stopgap version which for all intents and purposes is the initial release version, can be found here:
http://puu.sh/lZZnO/efc3cb2ee5.zip

Attachments
EGerman.zip
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
WildCatNL

RE: "Brüder Gegen Brüder" Campaign (NEW!)

Post by WildCatNL »

Great job! Cannot wait for my holidays to start with this present.

William
William
On Target Simulations LLC
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

Looking forward to playing it.

JohnO
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Absolutely awesome!! [&o][&o]

Thanks!!

Now to download........

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hmmm........

Clicking on your download link is taking me directly to Google search.

??????
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Works fine for me. Try again?

EDIT: Added alternative download link in OP.
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Yup.... tab address very briefly shows "filedropper" before switching to Google search.

Will you be uploading it to the OTS site? I'm sure they'd love to host it.[:)]

Rob.

EDIT: Got it at your alternate site.[8D]
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

ORIGINAL: Deathtreader
will you be uploading it to the OTS site?

The maps have been already, but not the campaign itself, as it now needs to go through the rigorous trial-and-error of player feedback and bug fixes [;)]
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Another Christmas Present!!! [&o]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

Yup… very impressive. Looking forward to giving it a go over the holidays.

All the best,
Kip.

Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

-snip-
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

As a sidenote, you can also use this thread to AAR your playthroughs and provide me with feedback.

Thank you all for your support, wouldn't have been able to do it without your help [:D]
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks for all your hard work. [:)][8D][:)]
Richard
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Unforunately, I have become aware of a large issue that severely disrupts every scenario: Using hours to restock fallen-out units breaks the R&W tab, causing failures in scenario design.
Furthermore, appended units do not spawn, even if no campaign hours were used. In Scenario 2, Panzerregiment 22 did not spawn at all regardless of what was done.

A stopgap version has been uploaded in place of the old files.

It pains me to reflect that these scenarios, otherwise, are poorly designed and balanced.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

-snip-
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

The problem seems to have been identified, and it involves "Core Campaign Forces".

The only Core units that can be appended in a Campaign game are those that appear in the very first scenario. Attempting to add in core campaign units in subsequent scenarios will cause them to simply not spawn. The immediate consequence of this of course, is that said add-on units no longer carry over scenarios. Scenario 4, where I intended the full might of 9. Panzerdivision to be usable, will now be limited only to the initial Panzerregiment 21 + Panzerregiment 23 which spawns in.
As for VP replacement hours messing up the scenario design, that too is unavoidable and I'm not sure whether to replace the objectives with mundane, regular battles, or simply take away any option to refit units via hours.

I am going to have to overhaul the entire campaign. A stopgap version will be uploaded by [s]tomorrow[/s] Now. I underestimate the speed at which I work.

As for the developers: I hope this is fixable before Southern Storm.
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

You have no control over taking away options to refit via hours, the most you can do is limit the total hours of the campaign but then you risk players not finishing your campaign as you intent i.e. missing a battle or having reduced time on the last battle, this can make the entire campaign challenging

If you go down this road you need to work out the VP's attainable in the first 3 battles along with a assumption of friendly losses VP and provide enough VPs on the last battle map to win/draw/lose

1 approach I'm testing at the moment is to space out the enemy reinforcements so that the battle lasts for as long as I want regardless of the player performance, then suggesting a limit on the amount of time used for repairs (destroyed are replaced via VP but these are often cheap enough not to have a major impact on the overall VP but repair time does impact scenario timings a lot - still trying to work out the destroyed/damaged ratio but using rule of thumb 40%/60% to work out time/VP costs)

e.g.
battle 1 - 6 hours
repair time - 2 hours
battle 2 - 8 hours
repair time - 4 hours
battle 3 - 6 hours

total campaign time - 26 hours, if the player uses more time to repair then those hours are eating into the time on the 3rd battle (if the player reaches that far), this does present an additional challenge of limiting losses or working with reduced force

Don't expect to see any major changes until southern storm, already asked for more control over campaign aspects (adding or removing core forces over time, fixing amount of time allowed for repairs and ability to set a replacement pool rather than using VP)
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

That's a shame.
I suppose then I'll just have to work around the limitations. It'll take some planning, and of course, feedback.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

-Sigh-
That's what I get for rushing. You'll need to re-download a third time if you downloaded the older alternate version, as I mixed up the scenario files.

Actually, I'm going to start numbering these.
This is version 1.3B.
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Hey, it's an amazing effort nonetheless, and I wouldn't get down on yourself for any rough spots. I think we're all impressed by this work, and Tazak's too, along with the other hardy souls who toil in these vineyards.

BTW, your name...Fallout, perhaps?

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”