AE Conference?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sardaukar

RE: AE Conference?

Post by Sardaukar »

You guys need to come to Israel and I take you all to Yad La Siryon (Latrun tank museum). [8D]

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

You guys need to come to Israel and I take you all to Yad La Siryon (Latrun tank museum). [8D]

What happened to that guy's head?? At least he's in better shape than the guy below! [X(] Found this on Google Maps (Vancouver Island).

Attachments
floatinghead.jpg
floatinghead.jpg (418.83 KiB) Viewed 225 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

What happened to that guy's head?? At least he's in better shape than the guy below! [X(] Found this on Google Maps (Vancouver Island).

So THAT'S the explanation behind that "Barefoot Bandit" news story from a few years back.
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

If you want to go central U.S. I recommend the National Museum of the Pacific War.
Located in Fredericksburg, Texas.

I’ve been there and it has some very unique items. They now have a living History Program.

http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/

Not that I have anything against Texas but it seems an odd place to put a museum of the Pacific War....isn't it hundreds, probably close to 1,000 miles away from the Pacific Ocean?

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

New Orleans - WWII museum is great and NO is a great town.

San Diego - USS Midway, great tour and weather is San Diego is predictably good.

Phoenix - Commemorative Air Force is based there and weather in winter months is great.

Chino, CA - 2 huge air museums

I believe the main CAF field is still in Texas, but they have a branch in Arizona.
They winter in Mesa (suburb of Phoenix). Pretty much all of them are in display every day and air shows are fairly common from Nov - April.
Pax
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: chijohnaok

If you want to go central U.S. I recommend the National Museum of the Pacific War.

I’ve been there and it has some very unique items. They now have a living History Program.

Not that I have anything against Texas but it seems an odd place to put a museum of the Pacific War....isn't it hundreds, probably close to 1,000 miles away from the Pacific Ocean?
There might be a bit of a connection.
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

So this was just a charade then to build the Chester Nimitz Museum but to get someone else to pay for it by labeling it the "Pacifc War" museum.
Well, I always thought those Texans were crafty... ;-)

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

New Orleans would be of interest for a number of reasons, the WW2 museum is great, Mobile is just down the road (USS Alabama) and a bit further is something that is a real gem, the Naval Air museum at Pensacola. We could have a moving meeting! Hal
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Mobile isn't too bad of a drive from NO, but Pensacola is a bit much, especially as most would have to back track to NO to catch return flights ...
Pax
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

So this was just a charade then to build the Chester Nimitz Museum but to get someone else to pay for it by labeling it the "Pacifc War" museum.
Well, I always thought those Texans were crafty... ;-)

The Chester Nimitz Museum was the original footprint for the museum. It was relatively modest in size and scope. The museum of the War in the Pacific was subsequently added and, more recently, expanded. It's 'connected' by a courtyard filled with militaria. Most people (including the docents) consider them two separate museums, administered by the same people.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

McMinnville, OR has an entire museum built around the Spruce Goose. Plus it's in the middle of Oregon wine country. Lots of wine tasting in close by.

Bill

I saw it back in the day when it was co-berthed / co-housed with QEII. What an anachronism!
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Fuzzy camo a la Predator movies. It's actually me. [:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

East of the Mississippi you have Annapolis/DC
Udvar
Aerospace
USNA
Torsk
Taney
Constellation

just say'n

aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Or you could come to Canberra, and the Australian War Memorial ... the new ANZAC Hall is great, with G-For-George, an Me-262 and -163, Zero, Landing Boat from Gallipoli etc.

Though, yes, it is a bit out of the way ... for those of a North American persuasion. [:D]

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Ddog

Post by Ddog »

I'm in!!
I'd rather be lucky than good.

LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

ORIGINAL: aspqrz

Or you could come to Canberra, and the Australian War Memorial ... the new ANZAC Hall is great, with G-For-George, an Me-262 and -163, Zero, Landing Boat from Gallipoli etc.

Though, yes, it is a bit out of the way ... for those of a North American persuasion. [:D]

Phil
Gas is cheap right now. Which road do I take?
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

ORIGINAL: aspqrz

Phil
Gas is cheap right now. Which road do I take?

Head SWish from LA and proceed straight on for the next 7500 odd miles ... and be careful for the Gendarmes and their speed traps near New Caledonia [:D]

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

New Orleans would be of interest for a number of reasons, the WW2 museum is great, Mobile is just down the road (USS Alabama) and a bit further is something that is a real gem, the Naval Air museum at Pensacola. We could have a moving meeting! Hal

And red fish.

And beer.

And red fish.

And beer.

[:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

I'm not sure Lecivius, but did you say "beer"????
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

It's always good to meet up with fellow brothers. This is me and JWE/Symon/John in B'ham AL on his way moving down to the Gulf back in 2010 I think.

I've posted this pic before, so I'm sure he won't mind. It was very fun to get to sit and have a long conversation over dinner.

I also met up with AUTiger in Memphis (Collierville) a while back as well.

Hoping to hook up with Big B one of these days soon!!

I live in ROLL TIDE country so make it close!!!! Love CW battlefields. Walked all over Horseshoe Bend last summer.

TOMLABEL

Attachments
meandjohn.jpg
meandjohn.jpg (75.17 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”