Do these system specs work?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Solaristics

Do these system specs work?

Post by Solaristics »

Hi, I really want to buy this game for a friend, and I checked his system against the recommended specs, and he exceeds them all except the graphic card memory, but I'm wondering if it still might run.

We're going to be installing Windows in bootcamp of his iMac. The system spec is:

iMac 25.5" mid 2010
Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 (Intel 5 series chipset)
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670, 256MB

Thanks.

VPaulus

RE: Do these system specs work?

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry we can't guarantee that it will work if you are in a Mac, even when running under bootcamp.
Solaristics

Post by Solaristics »

Thanks for the reply. Don't worry about the Bootcamp bit of it. I've been running Bootcamp on my Mac for years and have never had a problem - with an Intel processor, as they are all now, it is effectively a native Windows machine.

My question is rather about the video card RAM. How strict is that requirement? Could 256MB work?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if you have the option to port more memory from system ram then maybe, if not then it's anyone guess tbh, sorry can't be more precise either
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

According the product requirements list you need a 1GB Video RAM card.
Solaristics

Post by Solaristics »

Thanks, I saw that, but I wondered how big an issue that was, especially since the machine exceeded the other specs considerably.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as game quite high in looks area, it maybe a issue, as it may just not load into the size of memory and error out, without having a setup to test on, it's hard to guess at tbh

on a pc we have a option to use system ram to give video ram a boost, while not as quick or good tbh and it slows down the system by having less, most have the option, some it works well will others it refuses to work at all, so add in the Mac / O/S part into the mix and i'm clutching at straws and guessing
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
vharpley

Post by vharpley »

I have installed this on my Surface Pro 4 and the initial scenario selection screen is awful slow to respond. I have the I7 with as much memory as that table can come with. I noticed the graphics is software based on the config tab, should it be set to hardware?

Return to “Tech Support”