Urgent Question on Passenger Ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Twigster

Urgent Question on Passenger Ships

Post by Twigster »

I am 250 years into a game, used to have all the passenger ships that I needed until I forgot to upgrade them before a series of wars and now I am down to 5 (five). I must have missed how to spark new passenger ship construction because I'm stumped. Do I have to destroy and rebuild the resort bases that I already have? Is it even possible for me to stimulate passenger ship construction? [&:]
Ralzakark

RE: Urgent Question on Passenger Ships

Post by Ralzakark »

As far as I know you can't stimulate passenger ship construction other than by having the conditions in place to need them - colonies to emigrate to and resort bases. It may take a bit of time but your commercial economy will order them sooner or later. I wouldn't think destroying existing resort bases would help but building new ones certainly will.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

OK- thanks!
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Plus, if you lost that many civilians nearly 250 passenger ships worth I doubt the population wants to ride American Dielines anymore. [:'(]
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Plus, if you lost that many civilians nearly 250 passenger ships worth I doubt the population wants to ride American Dielines anymore. [:'(]

But...but they get free peanuts AND soda!
No problem Chief!
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Max 86

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

But...but they get free peanuts AND soda!

And a free coffin too from the sounds of it. [:D]

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Did you ever calculate how many passengers they can carry per passenger cargo unit? Plus, do they haul regular cargo also? I see so many built by the ai that have a couple of cargo bays on them as well.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”