DC : Community Project BETA v0.93 - 30th December 2018

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Vic

DC : Community Project BETA v0.93 - 30th December 2018

Post by Vic »

Hi potential scenario designers AND potential players of Community Project scenarios,

The DC:Community Project is no longer activily developed and the editors of DC:Ardennes Offensive now my focus. However DC:Community Project is stable and you are free to continue working or playing with it.

DC:Community Project has been made available for download (full or patch) at the scenariobank website:
www.vrdesigns.net/community1.php
(you'll need to register and login in order to download - this can be done by facebook or twitter as well for speed)

Documentation for designers is over here:
http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.php?id=dcx

DC:Community Project featured scenarios page can be found here:
http://www.vrdesigns.net/?page_id=1346

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
zakblood

RE: DC : Community Project BETA

Post by zakblood »

thanks Vic as always[&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Cool, will definitely check it out. Curious if this will get the Decision/RPG system that's in DC3?
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Downloaded and installed. Got several error messages about Setup/Uninstall failing but if I just ignored them and let the process continue I was able to finish the install and launch the editor.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Krupinski

Post by Krupinski »

Thanx. But my Chrome browser prevented me from downloading. It said that it's an unusual download and could harm my computer. I tried it several times. Hope it's not a security issue with your website?
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: hafer

Thanx. But my Chrome browser prevented me from downloading. It said that it's an unusual download and could harm my computer. I tried it several times. Hope it's not a security issue with your website?
Must be EXE. they are always flagged in chrome. If i'm sure of the source i just override and download anyway.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Its probably a bit of a bump to wrap your head around. But any initial thoughts or reactions?

It would be helpfull to know as I can when neccessary provide extra documentation or video.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Is there a "Lake" landscape hex in the map editor? I see "Sea" in the list twice but no "Lake" hex.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Is there a "Lake" landscape hex in the map editor? I see "Sea" in the list twice but no "Lake" hex.

No lakes. But you can use sea to put lakes on the map of course.

There are no freezing over of lakes rules in CP, hence no lakes. It would just be a double of sea with a different name.

Best wishes,
Vic
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

OK, thanks.

WitE alpha/beta tester
Vic

Post by Vic »

Posted v0.77 hotfix.
- fixed missing graphics error when loading historical libs
- added info on 'model' and 'hq level' of units in the unit-tab of the simple editor
- thanks to elmo for helping find issues
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Downloaded the file twice from the link provided at the top of the thread. Both times it comes in at 225,855 kb and, when I try to run it, even if I try to 'Run as Administrator', I get a 'The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.'

Corrupt file?

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

try a different browser
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Exact same problem in Chrome. Original problem in Opera.

Corrupt file?

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

have you tired adding the file to the AV exception list? as i've downloaded it fine tbh, and it's the same one, but until Vic's back on, no idea tbh
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

AFAICT the file should be 235 MB, or that's what it says when I start the download, but, even though the download 'completes' and doesn't actually cut out or anything, it comes in at less than that ... 225 MB in Opera, 180 MB in Chrome.

And, no, I am not having general download problems or connection problems, I have downloaded several gig worth of .avi files today with no problem AND the latest update for GG's War in the West, also with no problems (installed fine, btw).

It may be that the file is not .rar or it may be that it is corrupt or it may be that there is a problem with Vic's hosting service. Dunno.

Phil
Vic

Post by Vic »

I'll put up a second link from different host tommorow.

best wishes,
Vic
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Worked finally in IE 11 ... but it stopped 30 seconds from the finish, and I had to manually restart it, something that neither Chrome nor Opera indicated in any way.

Phil
Vic

Post by Vic »

Uploaded new hotfix v0.78

Fixing:
-Rail, road rendering issue
-In the map editor you can now set the name of a non-location hex. Labels will default to blue color if hex has a riverside. Labels will default to yellow if hex has no riverside.
-Bug in trooptype editor with wrong column being edited after mouse click is fixed
-Probkem on 'import units' button with incompatible file is now friendly and doesnt cause a CTD anymore.
-Thanks to Elmo and Nikdav!

Best wishes,
Vic
Vic

Post by Vic »

@aspqrz,

Added a mirror for the download to help alleviate any download problems.

Best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”