Ummerdorf and area damage

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

warshipbuilder

Ummerdorf and area damage

Post by warshipbuilder »

Ummerdorf is listed as an Aircraft Factory, but it is actually producing D0-217 parts. Does anybody know if it actually ever produces airframes? If not a minor change in the editor is required.

Does anybody know exactly how area damage is calculated? I don't see anywhere in the editor where you can change the starting damage.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
simovitch

RE: Ummerdorf and area damage

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Ummerdorf is listed as an Aircraft Factory, but it is actually producing D0-217 parts. Does anybody know if it actually ever produces airframes? If not a minor change in the editor is required.

Does anybody know exactly how area damage is calculated? I don't see anywhere in the editor where you can change the starting damage.
there are 3 factories assembling Do-217J-2 and one assembling Do217N-2. It does appear that there should be a component of Ummerdorf that should be assembling aircraft. I'm not sure if Ummerdorf was meant to assemble aircraft or not, but all the planes that use the parts are being assembled.

Regarding Area Damage, see page 71 of the manual regarding terror points - Is that what you are looking for?

Row 14 on the locations tab in the editor allows editing of damage for a location.
simovitch

warshipbuilder

RE: Ummerdorf and area damage

Post by warshipbuilder »

It does appear that there should be a component of Ummerdorf that should be assembling aircraft.

There are a number of dual purpose facilities i.e. airframes and parts, but it is odd that it is listed as an airframe factory but only produces parts. It would be simple to change its designation to a parts factory, but I wonder if it should be producing airframes and parts? There again a simple fix if needed.
Regarding Area Damage, see page 71 of the manual regarding terror points - Is that what you are looking for?

Amazing what you can learn when you read the manual! I knew that, I just forgot. [8|]
Row 14 on the locations tab in the editor allows editing of damage for a location.

Nope, that is a number imported from column AB, and that column is actually RR damage. So still at square one, where do you change the starting damage number? This leads to a bigger question, where did the developers get this information from or did they just make it up?
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”