Samsung and Apple Tablets

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Samsung and Apple Tablets

Post by demyansk »

Hi guys

I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and the Apple tablet. It will be used for internet, Skype, probably some typing with an external keyboard and not really any gaming (for parent). Also, some movie viewing and photos.

I did look at some of the pc magazines on reviews, both models rated very close.

I was wondering from the experts on the forum on this stuff. I use a Fire kindle but the screen is small.

What do you guys think is the best way to go for an older person, 80 +

Thanks guys for your help, I am looking on Amazon for both models
CGGrognard

RE: Samsung and Apple Tablets

Post by CGGrognard »

The choice is difficult since both models are close in performance, size, weight, etc. On the one hand the Samsung has better cameras, both forward and rear, which should make those Sype calls a little clearer providing there's an adequate WIFI signal. On the other hand, the Apple is designed to be easy to use with a vast library of apps.
I would recommend the Apple iPad (tablet) for your situation.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

We are a 'split' family, in that we have always had Android-based phones (Motorola and Samsung mostly) and Apple tablets. Currently, I have the iPad Air and my wife has the third generation iPad and the first generation of the iPad mini. We find them to be very useful for those things you mentioned. I would recommend them.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

for me, for internet use only, i'd buy a cheap windows 10 based tablet, easy to use, works out of the box and half the price of either of those mentioned, as apple does tend to be high priced, so unless they need something to show off, id save the money
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
hadberz

Post by hadberz »

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. It has been fantastic for me (movie watching, checking email, etc...).
AMD 5800X 8 core 3.8 GHz
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (F63d Bios)
32 GB G-Skill DDR4 3200
MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6950 XT 16GB
Dell S2721DGF 2560x1440 165Hz
Dell S2719DGF 2560x1440 144Hz
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe drive
Win 11 Pro
rwenstrup

Post by rwenstrup »

Based on personal experience in a similar situation I would recommend the one you know best. You'll probably get a lot of calls ... so pick the one that makes your life easier...
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Guys,

I bought the apple 2 air and what the heck, hopefully it works well, thanks for your help

Oh man, I have to get to battlefield 2 right now with the new released map

Return to “General Discussion”