White text in reports

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

39battalion

White text in reports

Post by 39battalion »

Just started a new PBEM campaign (DaBigBabesB with extended map) with Chemkids map mod, which is excellent. We are using the latest beta patch.

However the text in all reports ( combat report, ops report etc..) is white on a white background which renders it unreadable. All other text and graphics seem fine.

Searched the forum threads but could not find an answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by two frustrated PBEMers
Alfred

RE: White text in reports

Post by Alfred »

It isn't really in the purview of michaelm to fix problems introduced by and found only in unofficial mods.  He has limited time to even address possible problems in the official scenarios.  Besides which you have provided zero data to work on.

As this is most likely something arising from Chemkid's map mod or an incorrect installation of said mod, suggest you raise it in the modders sub forum in his mod thread.  At the very minimum you should also provide a screen shot of the problem.  Other preliminary screenshots which may be needed include your preferences and command line switches.

Alfred
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

It sounds like an art problem within the Chemkid's mod. All the backgrounds and such are pieces of artwork used by the game. Find the art file that is used for the report background and copy the original art file over the Chemkid file. You should be able to mix and match artwork at will.

As Alfred points out, anything pertaining to a mod is supported (or not) by the mod creator and it outside of Michael's job description.
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

First off, I look at the reports in a text editor. My particular choice is Notepadd++ (free and open source, see link below), but you can use the built in Notepad that comes with Windows. It is far easier than looking at them in the game - quicker to jump around, search for a hex number or base name if I want to, and so on. To do that you select all four files (left-click on the first one in the list, then shift-left-click on the last one in the list), then right-click and click on either "Edit" (to use the built in Notepad) or "Edit with Notepad++".

Here is a screen pic showing that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGlriMn9TJAhUL8mMKHUKVBEIQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnotepad-plus-plus.org%2F&usg=AFQjCNExci2YY1gy2cZYcnKLKfl2A9jWCg&sig2=iflwjt59kimyV1NvfqoVfQ&bvm=bv.109395566,d.cGc

Attachments
UseOfNotepadPP.jpg
UseOfNotepadPP.jpg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 71 times
39battalion

Post by 39battalion »

Many many thanks to wdolson and witpqs. It is great to see that some people on the forum are still willing to provide friendly and helpful assistance to dummies like me.

I will try your suggestions.

I posted on the tech forum because I thought somebody else had raised this issue in this forum some time ago.
39battalion

Post by 39battalion »

Problem solved !

In case anybody else has this issue the problem was apparently caused by the -colorBlind switch in the command line. I deleted this switch and it all works fine.

Return to “Tech Support”