New FSB starts with 16000 BBL?

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Belphegor

New FSB starts with 16000 BBL?

Post by Belphegor »

relocated my FSB to Lvov. It became operational this turn with 16000 barrels, and received 9k more for a total of 24k barrels for 1PzG. Assuming that's correct I'm overjoyed as I've never had so much fuel before. [:D]

I wasn't expecting it, which is why I'm posting, just in case it's not supposed to happen that way. And note what the Pzgroup had before the FSB was active....

Attachments
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (55.92 KiB) Viewed 148 times
Belphegor

RE: New FSB starts with 16000 BBL?

Post by Belphegor »

one more image for clarity....
I should hope that Rundstedt and Kliest send me chocolates on my birthday

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (56.54 KiB) Viewed 148 times
Belphegor

Post by Belphegor »

Since nobody is too upset about this I'm going to presume it's fine. Happy Days!
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

For whatever it is worth, this happened to me in my last German game, but in AGN after I sent PG3 to aid it. (And perhaps not coincidentally resulted in AGC not getting any fuel at all.) 25k fuel. Which even 2 panzer groups couldn't go through.

There's some weird things going on under the hood here in terms of fuel distribution.
WitE Alpha Tester
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Belphegor,

Hard to judge what's going on there with the information provided but, in AGS, you've had a previous transport bottleneck with your truck columns (you haven't had enough and the truck icons would have been yellow or red) which has resulted in a build up at your FSB.

Is it possible that you've taken a decision that has increased the number of available truck columns and allowed the build-up to flow through from the FSB to your PG HQ?

Otherwise send me a save game and I'll take a look.

It's unlikely to be a bug as this aspect of the game has had more testing than any other.

Cheers,
Cameron
Belphegor

Post by Belphegor »

Hi Lancer

Yes. I had to reassign truck columns to assist with supply in the turns prior to being able to move the FSB to Lvov. I went too far around it and paid with heavy truck usage (and breakdown) to the point where I had to reassign from other sources. When the FSB went in at Lvov supply I guess just ballooned. It was built up at the main depot?

edit: actually it doesn't look like they were at the main depot (to me). So the 16k barrels just appeared at Lvov. Does that mean they were on trucks this time? somewhere in between the main depot and HQ. Finally defaulting back to FSB once it was operational?
Belphegor

Post by Belphegor »

I'll attach the game if needed, for now another image. If it's within parameters I'm happy. Just wanting to be sure. Here's the stats on fuel for the game so far. You can see the jump in AGS.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (84.56 KiB) Viewed 148 times
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Belphegor,

Fuel doesn't magically appear out of nowhere.

You get an allowance at the beginning of each turn from the ZI (Zone Interior) which arrives at your Main Depot.

With everything working nicely it'll flow straight through to your PG HQ in the same time.

If you've got a bottleneck with either you're trains or truck columns it'll build up at either the main base (if not enough trains) or the FSB (if not enough truck columns).

Once the bottleneck is resolved you'll get a 'gusher' as the pipeline 'unkinks'.

Looking at your graph above it looks like you've had a transport link problem (trucks) and possibly a relocation? Either way there's been a build up in the pipeline and it's now whooshed out the end because there are more trucks columns on hand.

Cheers,
Cameron

battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

I have had this happen several times in a few games I have experimented on the German side with relocating FSBs and or having trucks out of action so long the fuel massed up and when I opened up the trucks again, magically I would have 22k in fuel available...

Not strange I suppose I read somewhere there is a cap on your fuel but obviously I didn't reach that and still burnt through 22k fuel ultra fast... Especially since I had been sitting idle for long enough...

NICE!!! to know that you get that fuel when you re open the pipeline and don't lose it but I think there is a system cap upper limit? ?
Belphegor

Post by Belphegor »

Thanks for the info Lancer.
I'll try not to mess up my pipeline next time but happy to have it finally arrive. [:)]
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi battlevonwar,

There is a cap on the maximum amount of fuel that can be stockpiled at your PG HQ.

As General Wagner is responsible for managing this (he handled Truck Columns and stockpiles) your relationship with him determines the maximum size of the stockpile.

From memory it's normally 55,000 bbs (enough to build up a decent reserve) but this can drop down to a much lower figure if you aren't on good terms (only if your relationship is < 0, worse it is the bigger the effect).

You can see information on this both in the relevant Logistics report (down the bottom) and the Gen.Wagner tool tip in the Relationships tab.

There's no limit to the size of the stockpiles at your Main Depots or FSB's.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”