AE Conference?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

AE Conference?

Post by John 3rd »

Hello All.

Periodically we have seen Postings of several AE brothers getting together for a chance to meet and greet longtime friends/foes. It always seems that there is a very good time had by the ones getting together. I've often voiced to Canoerebel (Dan) and NYGiants (Michael) the idea of meeting in Nashville for a get together and visiting the Chicamauga Battlefield.

I'd like to throw out the idea of what sort of interest might there be in an AE gathering? I'm thinking of LOTS of social activities, an AFB--JFB meeting, Modders discussions, etc... Would there be enough of us to organize something at a certain time for some serious fun, merriment, and game thinking?

Just throwing this out there...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
btd64

RE: AE Conference?

Post by btd64 »

Depending upon the date, I'm going to be available. And it's just to the south....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I would be interested [8D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hello All.

Periodically we have seen Postings of several AE brothers getting together for a chance to meet and greet longtime friends/foes. It always seems that there is a very good time had by the ones getting together. I've often voiced to Canoerebel (Dan) and NYGiants (Michael) the idea of meeting in Nashville for a get together and visiting the Chicamauga Battlefield.

I'd like to throw out the idea of what sort of interest might there be in an AE gathering? I'm thinking of LOTS of social activities, an AFB--JFB meeting, Modders discussions, etc... Would there be enough of us to organize something at a certain time for some serious fun, merriment, and game thinking?

Just throwing this out there...
If I were around and about in southern KY or in TN I'd like to join ya's. Chickamauga/Chattanooga National Park would be interesting. Alas, I am a tad too far away atm :) This year I managed to get some lads together in MD.

See thread: tm.asp?m=3834209

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I haven't picked a location but just want to see what we might have for serious interest. We see ComiCon and StarCon RIGHT? What about an AECon?

Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Give me more time to get integrated into the community first! [:D] I'm a huge Civil War buff and have never visited the Chickamauga battlefield. When I was driving up to where I am currently situated (Boston) I passed by Shiloh National Park and sadly did not have the time to visit it. Would love to do another tour.

"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Nashville? That's a little too close to home. Expect to receive disrupter fire if you show up there. That Klingon whose empire is there will likely join the attack. You have been warned.

Shiloh is even closer but it's not near an interstate. Murfreesboro (Stones River) is right there too.

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

We should meet in Chattanooga, as that is the center of North America (like Jeruslum is the center of the Middle East and Paris the center of civilization).

I'll be glad to lead tours of Chickamauga Battlefield. I'll even read the surpassingly lovely poetry I've written about the place. [8|] I know this is enticing to you gents.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Murfreesboro might be the place to have it. Not that there's anything wrong with Nashville (except Nashvillen of course). It has Feable Weiner too. Any musicians out there? We could create a band called Murfree's Burro. That might be a better name for a bar.

btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Nashville? That's a little too close to home. Expect to receive disrupter fire if you show up there. That Klingon whose empire is there will likely join the attack. You have been warned.

I believe the 1st Armored could be there in force soon enough and take care of a Gorn and a Klingon fairly easily.[:D]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I vote for Honolulu!!
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Going in that direction, I've been thinking about doing a trip to Peleliu for years. We can go together! But I'm not paying for your ticket...
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Will Mandrake arrange the entertainment?
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

I’m in.

I would suggest Myrtle Beach, SC area for a meet.

For the family:
A fun place with beaches, great seafood, golf, fishing and entertainment.
http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/

For us:
1 hour north is the Battleship North Carolina and 1.5 hours south is the carrier Yorktown.
http://www.battleshipnc.com/
http://www.patriotspoint.org/explore_mu ... _yorktown/

Also the Civil War submarine Hunley and Fort Sumter in Charleston.
http://www.hunley.org/
http://www.nps.gov/fosu/index.htm

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
fredleander

Post by fredleander »

I'm in! You said it would be in Bastogne...?

Fred
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Will Mandrake arrange the entertainment?
[:D]
I was just thinking we should invite ourselves to Cap Mandrake's place - just to see the expression on the face of the HOA president when we all park on the street ... [:)]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Leandros

Post by Leandros »

Hi, everyone, please excuse the guy with the previous posting. He is several years beyond retirement and recently had heart surgery that kept him under for so many hours that it did wonders to his (forget what it is called) - oh,yes - memory. Far-off memories are fine - closer ones, not so fine. He has bought so many Matrix games through the years that he forgets which ID's he bought them under.

Anyway, come-togethers' like the one suggested here can be seen quite often on various Forums. The only one I know of that ever came off was one organized by a German Marine Forum. Saw the Type XXI submarine in Wilhelmshafen. Since there seems to be an over-abundance of US members here I suppose we shall never meet in Bastogne. Well, I have been there a couple of times but it's a nice place. Lovely cafees around Place MacAuliffe. And a Sherman tank. Combine it with a visit to Eben Emael, the Bastogne Monument and the Maginot Line. Or the WW1 forts around Liege.

Fred
River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

We can split the difference and make it Vegas...at least there will be something to do when the others turn out to as boring as me!!
Flicker

Post by Flicker »

Nashville, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga - all have Civil War battlefields and are close enough for me to make it. BTW they all also have craft breweries...
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

As a longtime member of the Hunley Society I would LOVE to go to Charleston. LOVE the idea of seeing the North Carolina and Yorktown.

ANY Civil War Battlefield would be wonderful but having the Southern Paddler along means a FREE and wondrous tour of Chicamauga would be incredible. As a person who has personally listened to his silky Shelby Foote-esqe voice, I love to have Dan as our tour guide.

I REALLY want to do this. Had a dream last night that pertained to 20-30 of us getting together. Am a great believer in precognition so this was a gentle nudge for something to happen...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”