Does the save game button actually do anything?

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
Kai

Does the save game button actually do anything?

Post by Kai »

I hit the save game button to save the game, right before I hit the "proceed to next turn button."

I hit the next turn button and during the AI phase, the game crashes.

When I reload, the game has not saved. I am not at the situation I was in right before I hit the "next turn" button. I am at the beginning of the turn, and all of my moves and actions have been lost.

What exactly does the "save game" button do, if it doesn't actually save the game in its current state when the button is pushed?
Ostwindflak

RE: Does the save game button actually do anything?

Post by Ostwindflak »

It works fine for me Kai. I usually save at the start of each turn. It could be that you are hitting the End Turn button to soon after hitting the save button, not giving the game enough time to actually save the game. So perhaps the game is trying to save while the turn resolution phase is occurring thus causing the crash.
gmsitton

Post by gmsitton »

ORIGINAL: Kai

I hit the save game button to save the game, right before I hit the "proceed to next turn button."

I hit the next turn button and during the AI phase, the game crashes.

When I reload, the game has not saved. I am not at the situation I was in right before I hit the "next turn" button. I am at the beginning of the turn, and all of my moves and actions have been lost.

What exactly does the "save game" button do, if it doesn't actually save the game in its current state when the button is pushed?
I have the same issue. I just installed the public beta patch v1.20. Keeping fingers crossed.

What I believe is happening is the autosave saves the game at the beginning of the turn. If you save after performing all of your actions, the new save doesn't overwrite the autosave for that turn. I'm basing this on the timestamp.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

You only have to save if you are stopping inputing your orders mid-course. Because the game file is saved at the start of the turn and as soon as you click end turn, before anything else.
AGEOD Team
Jacekim

Post by Jacekim »

I have save a turn save and would like to return to it BUT it does not shown when I try the load buttom in the main manu?
Also I have the setting that supposebly should same the last three turn but I am these are not shown in that manu either??
[:@]
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Don't worry they are there but as backup, so if you want to return to a previous turn, you need to first select the game, then click on the top buttons so you see a button with a arrow changing direction. Beware though that this is reverting to the previous turn, not creating a new saved game while keeping the current one.
AGEOD Team

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”