Need some help

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Numdydar

Need some help

Post by Numdydar »

I played every campaign in DC1 and loved it.

I've had DC2 for a while and tried to play it several times and every time I see all those units on the screen, I give up and just shut it down. [:(] I have no problem playing WitE or WitP so scale is not it.

I want to play the full campaign, but just have no idea where to start or what I should do. Any suggestions?

Or should I just skip this one and just go to DC 3 [:)]?

WilliePete

RE: Need some help

Post by WilliePete »

I've been there before. I love the game, but it's scale can be daunting. On the other hand, there really isn't another game like it, so once you find the time and discipline it can be an amazing experience. I recommend starting with one of the smaller scenarios or the 1st Panzer Army campaign.

When Case Blue first came out the forums were buzzing here. People like RedMark made some cool map-mods and it looked like someone would eventually make some smaller scenarios, but as time passed the game seemed to lose popularity.

It's a shame, because I feel Vic's games are brilliant. The card system is a unique and dynamic why of adding another strategic layer to the game. It also helps with roleplaying.

I've been playing a lot of Barbarossa lately and although I love it, I still prefer the smaller regiment sized setting. Don't give up on Case Blue!

I had CB since it's been out, but never played against anyone. Maybe playing against a human might help you get in to it. If you want a game, let me know.

Hope this helps!
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I had the same problem, but I LOVE Case Blue now. Your strategy should be guided by demands to capture certain hexes by High Command, until you are over-stretched anyway :)
A Sharif
Vic

Post by Vic »

and it looked like someone would eventually make some smaller scenarios,

I have used the release of Barbarossa to make a system of new simple and intermediate editor available. And I hope it will be much easier now for players to create 'DC2'-like content.

See also:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/?p=1234

Or in other words: Even though Barbarossa is divisional we have not given up on the regimental scale either.

Best wishes,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”