Bridge Building

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Kommissar

Bridge Building

Post by Kommissar »

With the expansion/update, can computer opponents now build bridges? I could swear that computer units were doing so in the campaign I'm playing when they certainly couldn't before. If so, does that also mean they can blow up bridges now too??
Panzer_Leader

RE: Bridge Building

Post by Panzer_Leader »

As far as I'm aware they can and always could build bridges / river crossings. I remember the AI doing it in much earlier versions of the game. As for blowing them, I can't say.
demiller

Post by demiller »

Computer opponents most definitely have been able to build bridges in the past. There's no guarantee that they always will do it, but they definitely can.

I don't recall ever seeing the AI blow a bridge. Cap'n Darwin is probably best suited to answer that.
AKA panzerde
Kommissar

Post by Kommissar »

Hmm, I think it has to do with the fact I play the Warpac all the time and not NATO so there is less reason for the NATO AI to build bridges that only make it easier for me to seize and cross over. Still, I have played this game for a long time and only now have seen the NATO AI do this. The NATO AI also seems much more willing to attack rather than just defend.
demiller

Post by demiller »

Now that is a very real possibility. I don't recall seeing NATO AI build a bridge on its own - but then in the original scenario set there really wasn't much reason to do so.

I think the NATO AI has been tweaked to make it more aggressive to support some of the scenario development that's been going on. Actually, it's probably more apt to say that some of the AI improvements overall have enabled the NATO AI to function more aggressively.
AKA panzerde
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Yes the AI can and does build bridges. No the AI does not really defend. The AI was designed to attack. It believes that the best defense is an offense. I have been a strong advocate that the AI needs to be taught to defend. Improvements in the AI in the next version of the game is to give it better defensive capabilities.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”