More Pirate woes

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

ManticOre81

More Pirate woes

Post by ManticOre81 »

I love the pirate faction gameplay far more than empire play. There is something so sexy about unlimited research and the ability to ignore reputation.

But I'm having some absolutely gamebreaking bugs/problem that make it impossible to play past about 10 colonies. I HOPE these are problems that have solutions and not a bug requiring an update, but I"m not entirely sure. I want to love this game but these issues are killing the buzz fast.

1. I frequently am unable to gain any influence over a colony. This is more common when another pirate faction has managed to build a base but it can happen with the first colony I meet. I have attempted to remove the base by nukes with very little success. In one instance I brought a colony from 18b down to 700m and still had a fortress (base was gone); in my experience it is impossible to use nukes to remove all rival faction buildings and leave any useful life on the planet. 5 years of continual raids finally burned the fortress. I still didn't even have my name on the colony as a faction control%. Is this a common Pirate bug or do we blame my pc/install here?

I have to use the editor if I want to start building control.

2. There comes a point early-mid game where my construction ships will not build over colonies, even ones I own completely (can build colony ships there). There is no option to give them any build commands where there were before.

zakblood

RE: More Pirate woes

Post by zakblood »

sorry but your report doesn't meet the req,

tm.asp?m=2648985
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
NephilimNexus

RE: More Pirate woes

Post by NephilimNexus »

Don't forget that Pirates can never get rid of the last million people of a population except by using orbital bombardment to wipe out a colony completely. Exterminate does not work and neither does Relocate.

Did some testing and was very amused to see four different passenger ships, each capable of holding over 100 million passengers, arrive at a planet with order to Relocate 4 million unwanted population that was mixed in with the 1500+ million that I wanted to keep. The first transport grabbed all four million, but their species name was still listed on the planet a 0K population. Three more passenger ships landed and left carrying no one. Was stuck looking at that name & 0K listing for over a year of game time. Finally I opened the editor and selected the planet to see what was up. When I clicked on the population the game CTD.

Was too busy laughing to be mad because Matrix claimed to have fixed that bug two patches ago.

Return to “Tech Support”