Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific Day by Day - Imperial Edition

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

paradigmblue

Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific Day by Day - Imperial Edition

Post by paradigmblue »

For those of you not familiar with Grey Hunter, he is a player best known for his epic AAR of WitP:AE, where he played the game in real-time - that is he played and posted 1 turn a day, starting on December 7th, for five years, never missing a day.

This AAR wound up inspiring scores of new players to purchase the game, including myself, and is something of a legend on the SA forums.

Now it's December 7th again and Grey Hunter is back, committing to another day-by-day AAR. If all goes well, he'll finish up in 2020.

Grey isn't a great WitP:AE player, but his AARs are interesting, easy to read, and a lot of fun to follow. For anyone who likes following AARs I would highly recommend checking it out.

War in the Pacific Day by Day - Imperial Edition
Bullwinkle58

RE: Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific Day by Day - Imperial Edition

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

He'd get more interest here if he posted here. Just one opinion.
The Moose
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

How about posting your post in the AAR forum then posting each day with a little comment and a link to his forum?

Update the header with the current date each time you post.

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

I agree.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

*shrug* I don't think it matters to Grey whether people here read it or not - he has thousands of readers over on the SA forums.

I just shared it because I thought it might be something that readers here might be interested in. Whether or not you're interested in following the course of the game, his AAR is a great example of how to make one that is clear and easy to read.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

*shrug* I don't think it matters to Grey whether people here read it or not - he has thousands of readers over on the SA forums.

I just shared it because I thought it might be something that readers here might be interested in. Whether or not you're interested in following the course of the game, his AAR is a great example of how to make one that is clear and easy to read.

I looked at a page of it. A lot of work.

Until today I'd never heard of SA.

I don't usually read AARs vs. the AI. If he came over and played a PBEM I'd read it. He does a good spread.
The Moose
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

It seems a bit of a waste to go to all this work when not in a PBEM setting. Paradigm needs to lure him into a game as his real opponent!
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

I looked at a page of it. A lot of work.

Until today I'd never heard of SA.

I don't usually read AARs vs. the AI. If he came over and played a PBEM I'd read it. He does a good spread.

I didn't realize it was still around.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”