Possible FSB bug - not moved (1.0.1 beta)

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

lancer

RE: Possible FSB bug - not moved (1.0.1 beta)

Post by lancer »

Hi Abulbulian,

The report, like them all, is for the situation at the start of the turn. As are the logistical icons.

The logistical routines run once per turn, so restock and a full information & icon update occur at the start of each turn.

Cheers,
Cameron
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

What was the fuel allocation to AGN this turn (The Daily Log Staff)?

Answer

Looks like the depot for AGN was dry to start the July 12th turn. Once again this was my stated issue from the start of this thread. Not sure why, but maybe for some odd reason the game only restocks the fuel every x turns? The discussing on whether this game accurately depicts the German fuel reserves for Barbarossa is another topic of discussion. I'll do some more research on that before I bring it up again.

So again, please somebody tell me why DC3 has no fuel showing up at the AGN depot on July 12th. I ordered this game when it came out, so if I had my manual (book) by now maybe I could have know about the rules better.. [:(]

Attachments
july_12_agn.gif
july_12_agn.gif (166.91 KiB) Viewed 46 times
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

ORIGINAL: lancer

Hi Abulbulian,

The report, like them all, is for the situation at the start of the turn. As are the logistical icons.

The logistical routines run once per turn, so restock and a full information & icon update occur at the start of each turn.

Cheers,
Cameron

oh my. So here's what I think happened.

2,860 fuel came in to a starting depot of 0. Since in blitzkrieg mode there's a tax of 2000 bbls. That leaves only 860 that would be left for AGN. So the question is why is AGN getting such a low amount and how soon do people change posture out of blitzkrieg. Seems very expensive and also seems odd the Germans get slowed down so early in the campaign in this fashion.
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: RickInVA

While I agree that some posters have not offered much beyond "Yep, WAD!" which can be quite annoying, I also think that you have not supplied enough information to be sure of the issue.

Actually, most of time it was yep, WAD, check the Logistics AGN report. This key report indeed provides plenty of information to explain the issue.

Not wanting to re-ignite the issue, just trying to highlight one of the more important reports- Logistics AGx.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Abulbulian,

Blitzkrieg bonus provides some very big bonuses, especially for the Panzergruppes (+50% offensive combat bonus, +40 AP). It doesn't come for free.

AGN was the poor cousin of the three theatres. Fuel was an issue there very early on. Luftwaffe resupply can help if you can manage to roll your AGN airbase forward and stay in touch with 4th PG.

Changing postures back to 'Sustained Offensive' will take away the extra 2000 bbls fuel expenditure. Action cards tab - Postures.

Cheers,
Cameron
stonestriker

Post by stonestriker »

ORIGINAL: abulbulian
ORIGINAL: stonestriker

I assume that whatever fuel was stockpiled during the move of the FSB at X+1 and X+2 was moved in X+3 and X+4. As the all the incoming fuel from ZI could be transported in X+5, then nothing remains as it is all in the hands of your PG.

1 quota required just 5 trains and 9 trucks, and you have 18 trains and 179 trucks. So you probably moved everything on X+3, and just have a really low fuel "income" for AGN?

Are you serious? No, this is not WAD. Once again, I'm not sure why this is not registering with some of you. The AGN depot has 0 bbls on July 12th. That is not WAD, that is not even close to historical. Why would the AGN fuel stocks be cut off on the July 12th turn. That is WHAT needs explaining. If you don't have an answer to this question, you are not helping this thread. Just diluting it.

Wow, I read your post and attempt to answer you question. I might not have understood your question, or you might not have understood my answer, but there is no reason for this type of reply.
DC3 Bug Spotters Gold Logie award

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”