Suggestion: FSB and airfield relocation by card

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

ChuckBerger

Suggestion: FSB and airfield relocation by card

Post by ChuckBerger »

So after playing once through, it struck me that relocation of the German forward supply bases and airbases should be done by card, not decision.

As it stands now, after the first few turns the Germany player will have multiple "FSB relocation" and "airfield relocation" decisions to make on every single turn. But most of the time, the player will not wish to change these. Over the course of a game, for instance, the player might relocate AGN's forward supply base only 3-5 times, yet a decision will have to be made potentially on every turn after turn 5 or so.

This becomes rather tedious. And the player can't just ignore the decision on turns when he wants everything to remain the same, because the game treats that as a "delegation" that will cost 1PP - and (i'm not sure about this) potentially even lead to the Chief of Staff making an unwanted change of location.

So, why not do all of this by card choice instead? The player simply has to make an affirmative card selection whenever he wants to change either of these things. PP cost can still be adjusted as at present. So no change at all in game dynamic, just a streamlining of an otherwise repetitive task.

76mm

RE: Suggestion: FSB and airfield relocation by card

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: ChuckBerger
And the player can't just ignore the decision on turns when he wants everything to remain the same, because the game treats that as a "delegation" that will cost 1PP - and (i'm not sure about this) potentially even lead to the Chief of Staff making an unwanted change of location.

Note that p 182 of the manual states that decisions regarding movement of FSBs will not be touched by your chief of staff, so you can ignore them and leave them sit until you're ready to move them.
ChuckBerger

Post by ChuckBerger »

OK, but you still lose the 1PP per decision for delegating the matter, whereas if you make the decision yourself not to move FSB there is no PP cost.

I'm certain in my game I was losing the 1PP if I ignored the FSB relocation decisions...
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi ChuckBerger,

FSB decisions are delegation cost free, as are a few other regular ones that appear in the '--ONGOING--' tab.

If you're being charged let me know and I'll arrange for a refund.

Or bug check.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”