Some German WWII soldiers' photos

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Gil R.

Some German WWII soldiers' photos

Post by Gil R. »

I figured I'd share this... I'm visiting my uncle, age 95 and a veteran of the fighting in Europe, and have been going through some old photos. Among the family photos, the ones of him and his unit, etc., is an envelope on which he wrote "Nazi pictures," inside of which are about 20 photos that he and his comrades confiscated from German prisoners. These aren't particularly interesting, but I enjoyed finding this one:

Attachments
img217.jpg
img217.jpg (127.2 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

RE: Some German WWII soldiers' photos

Post by Gil R. »

But for those disappointed not to find photos of German soldiers, here's a typical one:

Attachments
img218.jpg
img218.jpg (142.32 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well wish him a merry Christmas for me Gil, and thanks for the photo's [;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

And here's a rather unpleasant-looking customer:

Attachments
img219.jpg
img219.jpg (163.12 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

One other WWII picture for now, which my uncle himself took, of German soldiers in May 1945 escaping across the Elbe from the Russians so they could surrender to the Americans:

Attachments
Germanses..ossElbe.jpg
Germanses..ossElbe.jpg (113.18 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Great photos. Thanks for sharing
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Gil, thanks for sharing, very historical! Please post the rest of them...[:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
parusski

Post by parusski »

Great find Gil. Thanks.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

(Been offline for a week, so only responding now.)

I'm glad I could share.

Sadly, I couldn't scan more, since I had to focus on scanning photos and documents of relevance to family history. Those were more of a curiosity, mixed in with the photos my uncle himself took. Some of which I might share at some point, but I still need to go through the 200+ images I scanned, label them, and organize them.

Return to “General Discussion”