Russia In 1806

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
tgb

Russia In 1806

Post by tgb »

I started up the 1806 Prussia campaign and wanted to play as Russia. Russia starts with a single locked garrison and a single trade flotilla. That's it. You can't raise troops, conduct diplomacy, or do anything, really, other than hit next turn and watch the world go by. Why even offer it as an option?

I decided to give Ageod another shot since it seemed that the non-combat options were more robust. Never again. I wish this were on Steam so I could get my money back.
loki100

RE: Russia In 1806

Post by loki100 »

deleted
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

I would say you are not choosing the most interesting option if you want to play the Russians in the 1806 scenario. Why not try the Russians in the Grand campaign instead, that's the meat of the game. If you want to practice, take the French in the 1806 campaign, to get an idea on how warfare is done. But you do yourself a disservice by choosing this nation, in this scenario.
AGEOD Team
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: Pocus

I would say you are not choosing the most interesting option if you want to play the Russians in the 1806 scenario. Why not try the Russians in the Grand campaign instead, that's the meat of the game. If you want to practice, take the French in the 1806 campaign, to get an idea on how warfare is done. But you do yourself a disservice by choosing this nation, in this scenario.

Then why offer it?

I started the grand campaign as the Russians. I played 2 turns (with processing taking 5 minutes + each), and then after another 5 minutes of turn resolution I got a CTD.

Uninstalled. I just wish I had my $40 back.
Suvorov928

Post by Suvorov928 »

Too bad. You're missing out on one of the best PC wargames out there, and it will only get better with time as they continue to update the game, as AGEOD always does. They continue to work on and improve their games for a long time after release. This thing is only going to get better and better.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: Suvorov928

Too bad. You're missing out on one of the best PC wargames out there, and it will only get better with time as they continue to update the game, as AGEOD always does. They continue to work on and improve their games for a long time after release. This thing is only going to get better and better.

If it turns out you're right I can always reinstall it. I still wish I could get a refund, though.
Suvorov928

Post by Suvorov928 »

To confirm what tgb is saying, I started up this scenario and clicked on Russia. I could not move the Prussian units at all. I think this scenraio needs to be corrected to either not play as the Russians or allow you to play as Prussian/Russian forces together. Just my $0.02 cents.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: Pocus

Are you serious??? As the developer it's YOUR job to make ALL the scenario/faction combinations that are available to the player interesting. YOU are the one that created a boring/unplayable scenario and then offered it as an option.

Don't blame me because you couldn't be bothered finishing your game.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Never occurred to me to play any country but Prussia in a scenario called Prussia 1806. Except France
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”