CTD

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
goodwoodrw

CTD

Post by goodwoodrw »

CTD while processing first turn. Playing Britain Jan/1805.
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

RE: CTD

Post by goodwoodrw »

Doesn't matter found the saves, but no auto save
Formerly Goodwood

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

any error messages or reports in event viewer?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

just the windows message window stopped working etc
Formerly Goodwood

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

was it a game hang, or exe stopped working, thanks

Code: Select all

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681286
The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. For the purposes of this article, we will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

Hang -- Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

Random Hang -- Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

Generic Freeze -- Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

Single-app Freeze -- Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

Please review the appropriate steps below, according to the category that most closely describes the behavior your PC is experiencing.

as if it's a hang, eg the system maybe doing something but windows thinks it isn't, common problem, run as admin can sort this out as it give apps / programs slightly longer to do stuff etc.

Random Hang, can be something at happens at random times, no AI turns, or you doing something, again can be something in the background that starts, that stops the game from responding, normally a anti virus scan or check for updates etc in the background.

etc etc
basilstaghare

Post by basilstaghare »

ORIGINAL: BASB

just the windows message window stopped working etc

Same here...has happened twice in 14 turns...always near the end of turn resolution when resolving other countries battles and right before it goes to your battles...slightly annoying thing is even if you save your turn before processing, it goes back to the start of the turn when you re-load after CTD...then you have to re-do the whole turn....not the end of the world, but annoying...
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Happened again turn 3 British campaign same as last time NGC.exe stopped working
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

crashed again turn 7 critical error, this shouldn't happening
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Again, this it says send logs and save games to AGEOD, please advise where you me to send post saves to.
Formerly Goodwood

Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I made a post in the tech section for CTD BASB. VPaulus replied to my post and a post made by Kai. Check out my thread for VPaulus's suggestion.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Open the game installation folder, find a file named user userpath.ini and delete it.
Check if the crashes persists.

Worked for me too.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

anyone else still having problems with it, that hasn't tried VPaulus suggestion?
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Trying it now
Formerly Goodwood

basilstaghare

Post by basilstaghare »

I was informed that by deleting this file, you will loose access to your game saves...therefore eliminating the option to roll back the game to an earlier turn...the game will still be saved, but you cant reload to a previous turn...FYI
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Yep lost all saves, but not important, couldn't get past turn 5 or 6 anyway. Appears to be ok now
Formerly Goodwood

basilstaghare

Post by basilstaghare »

There is actually a fix for the missing files if desired...look at the AGEOD forums under a thread called "Missing Save Files"...
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... Save-Files
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Am I the only person experiencing regular crashes, its becoming increasingly frustrating with the number of crashes.
Formerly Goodwood

basilstaghare

Post by basilstaghare »

Getting many crashes when pressing TAB for the Allied Control option....otherwise, only a few here and there....
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I have not received a crash since the one I reported BASB. I think for me it was just a fluke as I did not have to delete the .ini file. Sorry you are having so much trouble with your game.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I have deleted and reinstalled the game I will how that goes, haven't had a chance to give it a go yet, maybe tonight.
Formerly Goodwood

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”