Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

R35

RE: New Units for PC

Post by R35 »

ORIGINAL: Brazenman

Dear R-35

author wrote:

About the Bundeswehr units

Than I stop my work here. Our old deal was to set all your wishes - you work for some WW3 packets.
I offered to assemble 20 of your modern units if you release renders for 4 Slovak units:
tm.asp?m=3348600&mpage=27&key=
You released renders for 6 Slovak units and also renders for 61 modern units (including switch versions). It was much more than what I offered to do at that moment, but I completed them anyway. That is done.

Now, I seriously don`t have time to work on another project other than this one and I might have even less time in the coming weeks and next year. I have actually considered whether I can continue with the ww2 mod alone or would have to stop, but I decided to keep trying so as not to leave it unfinished. If you want to have a completed project for ww2 I`m willing to continue implementing the artwork for as long as I`m able to.

Question: why don`t you try making the modern world mod for a more complex engine, like the one of OoBP which gives you the opportunity to work in 3d too? Honestly, the PzC engine would leave much to be desired for in modern combat given the very large ranges of some units and the specifics of modern aerial/anti-aerial combat. OoBP from what I`ve read distinguishes between different altitudes and that would be important in a mod that has high altitude bombers, tactical fighters and helicopters so that you don`t take down a B-2 with a 20mm gun or a helicopter. I`m sure the OoBP engine has its limitations too, but overall it sounds more appropriate for what you want to make.
T2_2112

Post by T2_2112 »

ORIGINAL: R35
Question: why don`t you try making the modern world mod for a more complex engine, like the one of OoBP which gives you the opportunity to work in 3d too? Honestly, the PzC engine would leave much to be desired for in modern combat given the very large ranges of some units and the specifics of modern aerial/anti-aerial combat. OoBP from what I`ve read distinguishes between different altitudes and that would be important in a mod that has high altitude bombers, tactical fighters and helicopters so that you don`t take down a B-2 with a 20mm gun or a helicopter. I`m sure the OoBP engine has its limitations too, but overall it sounds more appropriate for what you want to make.

You know how to MOD Order of Battle: Pacific ??
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

R-35

WW3 Bundeswehr packet 2-5

FlaRakPz Roland

LARS

Leopard 1A4

M109

M113

M577

Marder

Link for new units
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ttjsnq
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

R-35

37 mm automatic air defense gun M1939 (61-K)
reworked !!!

Link for new unit
https://www.sendspace.com/file/z4yvv3
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

R35

Post by R35 »

Thank you!

@Brazenman what should the purpose be for the Soviet Seep (Ford GPA)? Is it meant to be another unarmed recon or is it a transport? If it`s a transport, what does it carry/tow? And btw when did it enter Soviet service?
Zhenka

Post by Zhenka »

Guys please make anti-tank for unit
GAZ AA 25mm M1940
Now this is not available
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

ORIGINAL: R35

Thank you!

@Brazenman what should the purpose be for the Soviet Seep (Ford GPA)? Is it meant to be another unarmed recon or is it a transport? If it`s a transport, what does it carry/tow? And btw when did it enter Soviet service?

Car Amphibian Ford GPA was intended as a multipurpose car for passing the wide water obstacles

These cars have been successfully used during amphibious operations and reconnaissance as combat outpost of infantry units and liaison officers as a reliable means of transportation in a combat situation.

Ford GPA began to enter for Red Army service at the end of 1943

I think that Ford GPA can be used as transport for soviet SMG infantry and soviet engineers
R35

Post by R35 »

Thank you! Do you happen to know its operational speed? Some sites give 105km/h on road. The problem is that this would translate to 11 hex movement in game which is more than most if not all other land units. Together with a relatively cheap price (it`s just a basic small car/light truck) and its amphibious movement ability it makes this the best choice for an unarmoured truck in the game. And I think that`s off the mark in the Seep`s case.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

How about this one for AT?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wnp664

GAZ_AAA_4M_AA_AT.png
R35

Post by R35 »

@Razz that one is already included. I think the user meant the GAZ_AA_25mm_72-K, which indeed, has no AT version. The problem with that though is that the truck cabin is higher than the gun mount thus preventing it from leveling its barrel. The only solution would be to have it shoot backwards and I could then add the backfire trait in the text file so that the unit flips when firing in game. I don`t know if it`s worth the trouble though.

Btw, it`s a work in progress, but hopefully the next version will have the units grouped by nation and class, instead of having the new units added at the end of the file in whichever order they were released. This means that in game you`ll see a more logical order in the recruitment panel instead of having the newly added units appear at the end of the line even if technologically they were older than the previous units. Also, the editor should be much easier to use when you want to add a new unit since you now just go to the section of the faction you want and navigate depending on the unit`s class order.

For example, the Polish 100mm now follows the 75mm in the recruitment line instead of being at the end and the horse transport is the first available transport, before the truck.

It gets better with factions like Romania which had only a handful of units in vanilla PzC, but a lot of them brought by the mod.

Attachments
unitline.jpg
unitline.jpg (414.16 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Then how about this one?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g7xru1

GAZ_AA_25mm_72-K_AT.png (75,-19) (-75,-19) (-55,-18) (-13,-16) ATlight1 ATlight1 ZIS-5_1

2175 Z25mm SPAA 3 125 4 60 6 1 0 4 2 3 -8 -1 2 5 0 1 3 GAZ_AA_25mm_72-K_AT.png 01.11.1940 01.01.1946 7 11 Z25mm SPAA nopurchase backfire RSPAA sea rail air

I try to follow the order you listed above, but I follow year of entry and unit manufacturer if possible.
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

ORIGINAL: Razz

Then how about this one?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g7xru1

GAZ_AA_25mm_72-K_AT.png (75,-19) (-75,-19) (-55,-18) (-13,-16) ATlight1 ATlight1 ZIS-5_1

2175 Z25mm SPAA 3 125 4 60 6 1 0 4 2 3 -8 -1 2 5 0 1 3 GAZ_AA_25mm_72-K_AT.png 01.11.1940 01.01.1946 7 11 Z25mm SPAA nopurchase backfire RSPAA sea rail air

I try to follow the order you listed above, but I follow year of entry and unit manufacturer if possible.

Excellent
Thank you

Could you make anti-tank regime for
T-90_SPAAG
Soviet_M16_MGMC
SdKfz 7/2
also
please
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

Dear R-35

Do you have a finished version Gas-67?
Please could you make a link for me

As for Ford GPA
I have the following data
Maximum speed: on the highway - 80 km / h, afloat - 8.8 km / h.
http://militaryarms.ru/voennaya-texnika ... -gpa-seep/
R35

Post by R35 »

ORIGINAL: Razz
Hopefully not the horse-power too or I`m gonna be in trouble. [:D] For now I`ll just do a grouping and basic rearranging (the Panzer IVC will appear before the IVD, the Panzer 35(t) before the Panzer 38(t), the Hs-123 will be at the start of the lineup, the Greek infantry will appear before the Greek mountain infantry and so on). They can be adjusted further later on.
ORIGINAL: Brazenman
As for Ford GPA
I have the following data
Maximum speed: on the highway - 80 km / h, afloat - 8.8 km / h.
Thank you! That`s much more appropriate for this game.

EDIT: do you happen to know the entry into service dates of the following soviet units?
B-25B
A-20G
Studebaker US6
Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »

Brazenman

Post by Brazenman »