Scenario not loading custom fonts

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Zajcew

Scenario not loading custom fonts

Post by Zajcew »

Hello,
I've got a problem with the Forgotten Battles series of scenarios (Lodz, Komarow, Cracow) that are in the standard TOAW WWI scenario folder. From what I understand they were made by a polish developer and innitialy contained only standard fonts without polish characters. The 3.1 patch updated these scenarios with a modified set of bitmap fonts with polish-specific letters used to mark town names on the map. I can confirm it woked as intended up untill the 3.2 patch. After installing patch 3.4 the new characters are replaced with gibberish, unrelated characters in these scenarios. The modified fonts are still present in the scenario-specific graphics folder but it seems they aren't loaded into the game. Any other modified on-map graphics except the fonts are still beeing loaded just fine. To test if it's a problem wit the scenarios themselves i deleted the ones that came with the 3.4 patch and copied the ones from the 3.1 patch but the problem persists. Does anybody know what's happening and how to fix this?

sPzAbt653

RE: Scenario not loading custom fonts

Post by sPzAbt653 »

In the Cracow scenario, at 44,23, is this an example of what you are seeing ? [In the box is how it is typed in the editor, just below that is how it is seen in the game].

Attachments
jpeg41.jpg
jpeg41.jpg (20.23 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Zajcew

Post by Zajcew »

Yes, it's exactly that. Same in all three scenarios. The characters show fine inside the box, but not on the map.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Zajcew

Yes, it's exactly that. Same in all three scenarios. The characters show fine inside the box, but not on the map.
Nothing one can do; the special Polish characters, what I'd call the Umlaute A, O, U are shown in capitals. Tried other fonts, etc.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Nothing one can do; the special Polish characters, what I'd call the Umlaute A, O, U are shown in capitals. Tried other fonts, etc.

Klink, Oberst
Can you please paste the text of that name in this thread so I can play with it? I'm using standard windows fonts so it should just work. [:@]
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Klink, Oberst
Can you please paste the text of that name in this thread so I can play with it? I'm using standard windows fonts so it should just work. [:@]
Actually, I just read the whole post. Let me look at a couple of things.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Zajcew

Post by Zajcew »

Klink, Oberst
That's not entirely true. While the "O" with a dash on top is a capital version of the same polish letter, the "A" with an upper dash shown in the picture is not a polish letter. The same goes for several other symbols which don't corellate with polish characters.
Can you please paste the text of that name in this thread so I can play with it? I'm using standard windows fonts so it should just work.
Here's the name in case You need it anyway:
Sędziszów
Here are the other polish specific characters:
ą,ę,ć,ż,ź,ś,ó,ł
Here are the capital versions:
Ą,Ę,Ć,Ż,Ź,Ś,Ó,Ł
Zajcew

Post by Zajcew »

Sorry for bringing this topic back up but considering that there will be no more patches for this game and that this small bug went unnoticed for so long i want to ask: has this problem been solved? I guess it's been fixed in the course of TOAW 4 development so is there any chance we will get a hotfix or at least some information on how to fix this ourselves if that's at all possible? I hope Ralph can answer if he's not too busy.

Thanks

Return to “TOAW III Support”