Has someone made a Midway Scn ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cshurts

Has someone made a Midway Scn ?

Post by cshurts »

I looked around and cannot find one.

Thanks,

Clay
HansBolter

RE: Has someone made a Midway Scn ?

Post by HansBolter »

Lots of looks and no one venturing an answer so I'll take a shot.

A Midway scenario is almost impossible to implement in a way that would allow for a victory for either side without heavy artificial restrictions that scenario designers can't incorporate.

Without the fortuitous sequences of events that lead to American victory, the Japanese carrier force would likely win 90% of the encounters.

There is no way to impose on a Japanese player a lack of knowledge of the very presence of the American carrier groups in the midst of their operation that would allow of the tremendous surprise achieved by the Americans.

There are likely a multitude of additional reasons that this kind of a scenario would not be possible to structure in this game engine, but the ones I listed should be sufficient to illustrate the difficulties.
Hans

rustysi

RE: Has someone made a Midway Scn ?

Post by rustysi »

An erudite response Hans, guess that makes up for the gaff in that torpedo thread.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”