[IMPROVEMENTS v1.10 + v1.11] Performance

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Chaosduck7

[IMPROVEMENTS v1.10 + v1.11] Performance

Post by Chaosduck7 »

So i am loving this game so far but there are a couple things that are bothering me.

One, is the fact that the map scrolling is slow and "jittery" (I already made a topic about this and a dev said they are working on it, which is awesome)

The second thing is performance. I dont know if this is tied to my first issue but the game kinda chugs, even with seemingly not much going on on screen. I know that there is in fact a LOT going on given that this simulates a ton of stuff, but still, even with only a couple units its not exactly "smooth".

You can tell especially when you set the time compression to 1 second. When you look at things such as radar signature age (like when the target was last spotted), it shows a time readout. The time between seconds is not really a second. Some intervals it is, but then other intervals it will take like 2 or 3 seconds for "1 game second" to pass. This tells me the game is lagging.

Also, while clicking and dragging, the selector box lags and when trying to click on units you also have to fight some obvious lag.

All this was tested in the Northern Inferno campaign (excellent missions btw), not in any custom scenarios with a crazy amount of units.

My processor is an i5 3570k overclocked to 4 ghz so its not a weak processor by any means. I also have 8 gigs of ram and the game is installed on an SSD with windows 7. Im just wondering, does this game need a higher end i7 or does it lag even with those? Is this an issue that has been acknowledged and being worked on or is my only option to upgrade?

On a sidenote, I love the 3d globe map, but could it be the reason why the game is sluggish? I am no coder and I have zero knowledge about this stuff, but how about having a "toggle to 2d map" option? Maybe that would greatly improve performance? I would gladly give up the 3d globe to play 60+fps.

Thanks!
Dimitris

RE: Performance

Post by Dimitris »

Hi,

See the relevant section on our mega-FAQ: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#201
On a sidenote, I love the 3d globe map, but could it be the reason why the game is sluggish? I am no coder and I have zero knowledge about this stuff, but how about having a "toggle to 2d map" option? Maybe that would greatly improve performance? I would gladly give up the 3d globe to play 60+fps.

We wouldn't.
adek670

Post by adek670 »

obnoxious response as ever
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

If you say so, crybaby.
Nightwatch

Post by Nightwatch »

My processor is an i5 3570k overclocked to 4 ghz so its not a weak processor by any means. I also have 8 gigs of ram and the game is installed on an SSD with windows 7. Im just wondering, does this game need a higher end i7 or does it lag even with those? Is this an issue that has been acknowledged and being worked on or is my only option to upgrade?
I feel your pain.
I also have a 3570k CPU, GTX970, 16GB ram, OS (Win7) and Game installed on SSDs.
It lags like hell, especially in more complex scenarios.

I tried the Process Lasso Software as suggested in the link, it helped some.

Also, just restart Command if the lag gets too bad.
There is an overflow issue or something, restarting fixes this temporarily.
And most importantly, play with range symbols for selected units only.

I dont think its an hardware issue. Command thriving on ultra modern cpu architecture - not very likely.
Upgrading the OS might be the best thing we can do.

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

if you guys can do a quick save and post when it happens we'll definitely take a look.

Mike
Nightwatch

Post by Nightwatch »

Attached you find a very quick air defense action. It runs on its own, completely hands off.

On the first run it takes me barely 30 real time seconds to run it on 1800x Speed until the russian SAMs arrive.
If i load it again and let it run for 5 to 10 times it gets slower and slower.

The save is the eighth run of the Simulation, in the seventh it took a full minute for the russian SAMs to reach me.

This is something i experience regularly. I run the game for ten, twenty minutes, load a save (or scenario) a couple of time and it slows down to a standstill. I restart the game and everything is fine until it starts again.

Dunno if save file helps in such a case but enjoy anyway.

Attachments
IsraelTestbed1.zip
(117.22 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks! We will investigate this.
falcon2006

Post by falcon2006 »

ORIGINAL: Nightwatch
I feel your pain.
I also have a 3570k CPU, GTX970, 16GB ram, OS (Win7) and Game installed on SSDs.
It lags like hell, especially in more complex scenarios.

I tried the Process Lasso Software as suggested in the link, it helped some.

Also, just restart Command if the lag gets too bad.
There is an overflow issue or something, restarting fixes this temporarily.
And most importantly, play with range symbols for selected units only.

I dont think its an hardware issue. Command thriving on ultra modern cpu architecture - not very likely.
Upgrading the OS might be the best thing we can do.

What should I say when I only got a i5-2410M with no SSD....
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Improvements have been made for v1.10 and even more for v1.11.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”